Living With Roommates as Told by New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Any fans of “New Girl” know that the characters live out a lot of our roommate realities. There is a lot of little bickering, wild drinking games that no one else understands, and a lot of weirdness that makes you a little uncomfortable. But you love it anyway, because your roommates are basically your family away from home.  So, here is a list of how student roommates can relate to “New Girl”:

Coming home to all your roommates in the living room immediately equals a party.

When no one has done dishes in a week because of midterms…

You’ve seen them wear some pretty hilarious things

You know their weird quirks, and you accept them

You all know the best spot in the house for selfie lighting and take advantage of it

When you’ve gotten in an argument with a roomie and don’t know what to do with yourself

No one pre-games like you and your housemates

There’s always one person who doesn’t have any clue what they’re doing in the kitchen, and you’re just praying they don’t burn the place down

That feeling you get after a full house cleaning spree

Getting ready for a night out can get a little hectic

When your single roomie brings someone home for a little action

If they won’t check themselves, sometimes you’ve got to do it for them

You all love each other more than you could have imagined when you moved in together

Becca Serena wrote for Her Campus Western (Ontario) from 2015-2018. Beginning as a general writer, she made her way to Social Media Manager in 2016 and became a Chapter Advisor of five chapters from January to April of 2017. She serves as Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for the 2017-2018 term. This venue saw Serena’s passion for writing brave and controversial pieces grow as her dedication to feminism strengthened.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.