Khloe Kardashian’s Denim Line is Outrageous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

If you know me well, you know that I love the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I watch KUWTK and Revenge Body. I follow them and all of their spouses/current boyfriends on Instagram. I read articles about them. I have spent too much of my teenage and adult life reading about this celebrity family but none the less, I love them. I have my favourite Kardashians [and my least favourites] but Khloe KoKo Kardashian has always been, and probably will always be, my favourite.

Now, if you are truly keeping up with the Kardashians, you know that Khloe came out with a denim line, Good American. Her first line came out in October of 2016, making nearly a million dollars in sales in its first day of sales. According to the Good American website, the company, “is a denim-focused fashion brand designed for a curvier, sexier and stronger shape,” which sounds fantastic. As someone who struggles to find a great fitting pair of jeans and going to places like H&M makes me feel like a giant, I was really excited to look into this brand.

The brand offers up to a size 24, understanding that the average North American woman’s dress size is now a 12-16. I was scrolling through Instagram and saw Khloe post a picture about Good American so I decided to check out the website.

Turns out that a pair of Good American jeans costs approximately $250 USD. I understand that they’re made with one hundred pairs of hands and that they’re a good quality designed for larger bodies but seriously? $250 for a pair of jeans? How is the average woman (whom this brand is designed for) expected to afford these jeans? No matter how wonderful these jeans are, I will not be shelling out $330 Canadian to buy them.

As much as I want to keep up with the Kardashians, come on Khloe!