This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Meet Her Campus Western’s Profile of the week: Kathya Aathavan!  This sweet and caring Mustang has the entire package.  She’s gorgeous, funny, smart and has a lot to say about her favourite fantasy worlds and Leonardo DiCaprio!  Check down below to see what her ultimate guilty pleasure is (Hint: It’s incredibly relatable!). 

Age: 22

Year: 4

Program: Honours Double Major in Medical Science and Sociology

Hometown: Scarborough

Relationship Status: Taken

1.  What’s the kindest act you have ever seen done? (Either by you or someone else)

My sister once saw this guy (who turned out to be in school with her) fall and struggle to get up on the side walk while she was on her way to middle school in a bus waiting at the stop light. She then decided to ask the driver to let her off the bus so that she can made sure he’s okay. They ended up walking to school together that day and she made a friend. It’s not necessarily the kindest act, but I admire her quick-thinking.

2.  What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?

Tiny little baked frog legs. I definitely didn’t hate it, but I’m not sure if I would go out of my way to have it again. I am pretty certain I had shark fin soup without realizing at a wedding when I was younger too. It didn’t taste weird but I still have a bit of a guilty conscience when I think back to it.

3.  Name Three movies that you’re looking forward to seeing?

Revenant is one that I haven’t had the chance to watch yet. I love anything that Leonardo DiCaprio decides to be a part of. I also wanted to read “The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins and then watch the movie when it comes because I’ve heard good things about both. And finally Jungle Book when it comes out in the summer. I recently found out that it’s being remade as a live action animation and I’m pretty excited to go see it with my sister because we used to love watching The Jungle book as kids.

4.  How would you get into the Guinness Book of World Records?

I would like to be in the Guinness Book of World records for owning the most scarves in the world. However, one that pertains more to my abilities would be hula hooping forever.

5.  What’s your favourite weird food combination?

Avocado with little milk and sugar. And also mocha flavored yogurt. 

6.  What’s your go-to dessert?

Apple pie or something sweet that came out of an oven at some point, if it’s a pick-me-up kind of dessert. On a regular day, it would be Mediterranean yogurt with any fruits that I have in the house and a sprinkle of Harvest Oats on top. 

7.  What’s the first thing you notice when you meet a guy?

I notice how people carry themselves and how quick they are to smile or be friendly.

8.  Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I love being able to take naps after a good meal. 

9.  What was the first song/CD you bought/Put on your iPod?

The Dutchess by Fergie. No further explanation needed…

10.      Which celebrities would be a part of your “Bad Blood” crew?

Leonardo DiCaprio. Just me and Leo so that we can talk about how he manages to be a relevant actor and an active philanthropist.

11.      What childish things do you do as an adult?

My love for Nutella is one of the things that have carried on to adulthood. I would be down for Nutella at any time of the day.

12.      If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be and why?

Hogwarts would be nice. But I would say the world of Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials as a scholar because what they have discovered about the universe and its progression is really intriguing.  Parallel universes exist and so does the ability to travel between them. Also the concept of daemons which are external extensions of the self in animal form is really cool. Lyra, the protagonist, for example has a daemon who can shift shapes till she reaches 12 at which point, he settles into his permanent form and remains with her forever. I think having a part of all of our inner selves outside for others to see would change the way we interact with each other, maybe for the better?

13.      If you could invent a gadget what would it be and why?

I would like to invent a teleporter that not just zaps you to wherever you need to be, but also up, dressed and ready to begin the day. 

Favourites…..

Movie: Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Book: “Roots” by Alex Haley

Artist: Coldplay

Fast Food Chain: Thai Express

Quote: “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.” From Max Ehrmann’s Desiderata.

Hey, I'm Elisa: 4th year Western Mustang and ardent movie nerd.  I love The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars and Wes Anderson.  I'm currently on a Doctor Who binge, been told that I'm quite good at Super Smash Bros, and have a deep connection with Tina Belcher from Bob's Burgers.
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.