books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

HC CC’s Report From Around The Globe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

As my senior year is coming to a close, and as I am set to hand off my CC position at HCWO, I felt the need to connect this weekend with my fellow CC ladies around the globe – asking them what they’re up to!

These women, although I may have never met most of them, understand me in a way no-one else can – they understand what an honour it is to have been a leader in the world of HC.

These women also understand the value of friendship, support, charity, community, the writen word, and the bond we will forever share as HC representatives…

I am so thankful to have been one of them, and know that I always will be one of them, no matter where I go from here. 

Thank you to everyone for their submissions! Wishing you all the best as final exams approach and in each of your beautiful futures! You are all soo incredible! 

HCXO, 

Kellie Anderson – HC Western Ontario 

Marissa Campbell from HC FRAMINGHAM sent us this photo! Her chapter just had their first accepted students day! Their smiling faces say it all!  

Bethany Blundell sent us this message: “Here at the New Mexico State University ( HC NMSU) chapter in Las Cruces, NM, I participated in a color run this morning! Still washing blue out of my hair….”. PS. You look great in blue Bethany!!! 

Catherine Lowe from HC WINTHROP explored uptown Charlotte on Saturday with a fellow team member! They tried a new cafe that was apparently – “delicious!”.

Jacqueline Weiss and her Co-CC Jaime (of EMERSON COLLEGE) spent this weekend speaking at Her Conference High School! Way to go girls!! HCXO!

Lauren Wingo, the CC of HC MARYMOUNT sent us this message: ” I have been working at Starbucks for about 3 months now and I got my first pin this weekend that will go on my apron! The sense of accomplishment and acknowledgment for my hard work is something I can never take for granted!”.  Congrats from all of us at HC Lauren!!!! 

Emily Webster, one of HC WILFRID LAURIER CC’s had this truth to say: “I’m at the point in the semester where I’m like “If I look like I’m reading this book does that mean my essay will write itself?!” Good luck as you enter finals Emily!! You can do it! 

Kaley Roshitsh messaged us this photo and caption: “I am the CC at HC VIRGINA TECH, and today I was at a photoshoot for our fashion society’s annual spring fashion show! I’m on the left, and the designer of the garments we’re modeling is in the center. It was a little windy, but we got some really good shots of the student designs, (including my own!) The theme is “Into the Wild,” and a lot of our team will be attending in a few weeks!”. Don’t they look amazing?!

Liz Levine, the CC at CLEMSON tells us she spends her weekends working for the atheltic department!  Here she is at one of their baseball games! So cute Liz!

Abigail Megginson,  CC of the UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA is currently in Orlando with her Honors Program for a conference… as a bonus, they spent the afternoon at Universal!!! So jealous! 

Christine Pearson told us, “At HC COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON we took a walk down at the Battery and saw some Dolphins!”. Sounds like the most PERFECT day Christine! Thanks for sharing!

Caitlin Duncan of HC NEW HAVEN attended Her Conference: High School this weekend! Doesn’t she look soooo chic? Way to represent!

Morgan Weadock of HC NORTH-EASTERN also attended Her Conference: High School! She tells us she went with the team member she’s currently transitioning into her place as CC for next year…. and although she’s sad, she’s very proud of her nominee! So sweet!!

Tanya Eligur, a CC from HC MONTCLAIR, told us she spent this weekend exploring the downtown area outside her campus with their chapters promotional media director!

smile emoti

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.