A Guide To A Weekend In Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Everything really is bigger in Texas, even your waistline.

What To Do:

Get a CityPass! You can get them at the first attraction site you go to. Instead of paying admission everywhere you go, a CityPass allows you to pay a discounted price and have entry to multiple popular attractions.

Reunion Tower

300 Reunion Blvd E

Dallas, TX

75207

For a stunning overhead view of Dallas, go to the top of Reunion Tower and grab a bite to eat at their cafe!

NFL Game at AT&T Stadium

1 AT&T Way,

Arlington, TX

76011

Head to AT&T Stadium to check out this incredible stadium and catch an NFL game while you’re at it! Our Uber driver told us that the stadium does scheduled tours where you can actually go into the locker room of the Dallas Cowboys. Also, the tailgating at the Cowboys’ game was unlike anything I’ve ever seen (amazing people watching). If you’re a football fan, this is the place for you.

The stadium is in Arlington, Texas—about a 20 minute drive from downtown Dallas.

Dallas Arboretum

8525 Garland Rd,

Dallas, TX

75218

Check out the beautiful Arboretum and botanical gardens, right next to White Rock Creek. Spend an afternoon strolling through luscious greenery and taking in the gifts nature has to offer!

Dallas World Aquarium

1801 N Griffin St,

Dallas, TX

75202

The Dallas World Aquarium is definitely an aquarium but also features crocodiles and all different kinds of animals. My favourite part was that the aquarium displays were categorized by different areas in the world, meaning you got to see which kinds of fish were in Australia compared with Fiji, for example.

Deep Ellum

Dallas, TX

Deep Ellum is a very hipster area of town that is about a 5-10 minute drive from downtown. This area is such a gem with unique restaurants and shops as it is undergoing a gentrification process. I would definitely recommend taking an afternoon to explore Deep Ellum!

The Sixth Floor Museum

411 Elm St, Dallas

TX 75202

The Sixth Floor Museum is a very enjoyable and informational experience for  history lovers! My whole family is very interested in the JFK assassination and the conspiracies surrounding it, so this was a must for us. The corner that Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly shot from is encased in glass and arranged the same way it was on the day of the assassination, which I thought was very interesting.

Where to Eat:

Monkey King Noodle Company

2933 Main St,

Dallas, TX

75226

The best noodles and dumplings you’ll ever have in your life! My favourite was the soup dumplings. Soup literally explodes in your mouth. It’s amazing.

Pecan Lodge

2702 Main St,

Dallas, TX

75226

Unfortunately, I didn’t actually get a chance to try the Pecan Lodge, but it was recommended to us by most locals we met. The Pecan Lodge is an authentic Texan barbeque that is only open from 11am-3pm, or until whenever they sell out. Every time we drove by The Pecan Lodge, there was a line around the side of the restaurant.

RJ’s Mexican Cuisine

1701 N Market St #102,

Dallas, TX

75202

A high-end Mexican restaurant with a beautiful patio! I still dream about those fish tacos.

Chill 360

2646 Elm St,

Dallas, TX

75226

This place was so cool! We waited in line for an hour. Two nights in a row. THAT GOOD! They make the ice cream right in front of you, put toppings of your choice in, and smashed it all up. Kind of like Marble Slab, but 100x better.

Corner Bakery Café

A chain breakfast restaurant. You can find them all over Dallas and they are so, so wonderful. Everything is very fresh and we went there multiple times for their freshly brewed sweet iced tea!

MacKenzie is a 3rd year Criminology Student at Western University and an aspiring criminal lawyer. She is passionate about women empowerment and butter chicken. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter for more shenanigans: @mackenzievozza
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.