This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Believe it or not, I barely ever watch TV or movies. Last year, I tried binge watching Gilmore Girls and Riverdale with my mom, but I was never able to finish watching both shows because I have always been very busy with essays, assignments and exams. Also, I usually don’t have the urge to sit in front of the TV for hours while watching shows and movies. But for Christmas holidays I am going to try to take some time for myself and enjoy watching more Netflix. I believe that everyone should take some time to watch Netflix during the Christmas holidays now that we are all finally done exams and assignments.

Here are five movies and shows that I recently enjoyed watching on Netflix and I think that everyone will enjoy too:

1. Prank Encounters

Prank Encounters is hosted by the actor Gaten Matarazzo from the show Stranger Things. It is a hidden camera prank show which consists of random contestants and undercover actors. The random contestant’s reactions during the pranks are very humorous and entertaining. With the help of the props and undercover actors the contestants believe that tragic events have occurred. Eventually, they come to realize that they are on Matarazzo’s prank show. 

2. Tall Girl

Tall Girl is a Netflix original movie about a girl named Jodi who has always been bullied for being the tallest girl at her school. She has been insecure about her height for years. Finally, Jodi meets another student who is actually taller than her named Stig. Stig is a Swedish exchange student who she falls head over heels for. 

Jodi’s sister Harper, her two best friends Jack and Fareeda all work together to help her overcome her insecurities. Jodi finally realizes that her real beauty comes from within her. She also realizes that how you treat people really does outweigh the importance of physical appearances of a person. Tall Girl is a genuine and humorous movie about overcoming your bullies by flaunting your differences and standing tall. 

3. Kiss & Cry

Kiss & Cry is a Netflix original movie based on a true story about the Canadian figure skater Carley Allison. Allison lost her battle to a very rare type of cancer called sarcoma which only affects 1 in 3.5 billion people. Allison passed away at the very young age of 19 in Toronto. 

It showcases Allison’s perseverance during her fight with cancer, her determination to get back to skating and her family’s unconditional love during such a difficult time. Allison was said to be an inspiration for other cancer patients and survivors due to her continuous positivity. Allison’s character in the movie is played by her real life best friend Sarah Fisher. 

The proceeds raised from Kiss & Crygo towards a foundation that was created by Allison called Carley’s Angels. The Carley’s Angels foundation supports cancer patients and their families that are fighting battles with rare forms of cancer. 

4. Let It Snow 

Let It Snow is a movie based on the best selling novel written by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. On Christmas Eve, in a very small town, a group of teenagers spend time together during a snowstorm. These teenagers do not realize that their lives are going to completely change forever due to meeting a stranded pop star, a group of competitive dancers, stealing a not so secret keg, hosting a cheerful Christmas party at Waffle Town and encountering a mystifying woman driving around while being covered in tin foil.

All of their love lives and friendships are about to drastically become more challenging. In the end, all of the characters realize that they should be grateful for the supportive people in their lives and all of the little things that they have in their lives. The characters also realize that friends and family will always be there for them no matter what, whereas romantic relationships can be complicated and not everlasting. 

5. Taylor Swift: Reputation Stadium Tour Movie

“Let the games begin. Let the games begin. Baby, let the games begin. Are you ready for it? Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh…” sings Swift and her background singers.

Instantly, smoke scatters across the stage, “Rep” is boldly stated on the screens, meanwhile Swift is seen standing proud in a sparkly black romper asking the audience if they are ready to see a show of a lifetime. I was really fortunate to be able to see the Reputation Stadium Tour in person with my family. Swift definitely put on a show of a lifetime for the audience. 

Swift’s extensive stage, synchronized background dancers, very sparkly outfits, harmonious background singers, intriguing snake decorations, dynamic vocals, tear-jerking speeches and the audience’s luminous bracelets all lit up the night that I will never forget. Enjoy watching Swift be a badass woman while singing along to her Reputation Stadium Tour movie. 

I hope that everyone enjoys a well deserved Netflix binge watching session to celebrate the end of the semester. Lounge on your couch, treat yourself to some pop and chips, while enjoying these five must watch Netflix movies/shows!