sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Fashion on a Student Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

The best season of the year is officially here! Fall, in my opinion, is by far the most comforting, exciting, cozy, and fashionable season there is. Although the rough winter is right around the corner, the cool whether and leafy streets call my booties and leather jacket out of the closet. As a mindful and pretty much broke student, it is essential for me to always get the best deals on the best clothing. Here are some tips for those who are on a student budget, yet want to look cute!

1. Start buying in the spring/summer

I know this may sound kind of silly, but this is honestly your best bet if you are on a serious student budget. One will always find some sort of fall article of clothing whether it just be a simple scarf, or cute boots, in the sale section of a store during these seasons. Stores are trying to get rid of their fall and winter collection ASAP – so going straight to the sale section will have your wallet thanking you. It’s also a great way to plan in advance, preparing yourself to look your best next fall!

2. Thrift Store Shopping 

The thrift store is another great option for the student on a budget. Although the quality of clothing may not be at its best, the thrift store usually has what you’re looking for— it’s like they can read our minds. Oversized sweaters are my go-to when shopping at a thrift store and are the perfect option on a cozy fall day.

3. Stay away from Aritzia

As many know, Aritzia has amazing clothes especially during the fall time. Their prices, however, can get a little out of control. Other stores such as Forever 21, Zara, and H&M are cheap alternatives if you’re looking for something similar to Aritzia, yet less pricey.In the end, do you really have to tell your friend with the similar Aritzia jacket that you got yours for $30 dollars cheaper… I think not.

4. Borrow

Borrowing clothes always helps me out when I can’t afford to go shopping. Living with five other girls provides me with many options when I am struggling with what to wear on a daily basis. Asking never hurts, so try it out with your roommate, neighbour, or a friend in residence! Putting together a mixture of your clothing with someone else’s always makes the best outfits at the end of the day. Looking cute should never hurt your wallet, and this is the best way to do so!

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.