This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Our campus cutie this week is Elisa Yoo! Elisa is a 2nd year Med Sci student originating from London, Ontario. This smart cookie has found that sweet spot between studying, volunteering, and spending time with friends. Her infectious smile and sweet demeanor coupled with her fun-loving personality makes Elisa a unique student and great friend. Read more about her!

What made you decide to come to Western? I picked Western because it’s got that perfect balance between academics and the best student life.  I also wanted to stay in my hometown, so I could stay in residence/live away from home without being too far.  I like having that bit of independence but still knowing that my parents are a few minutes away!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?I’m not really sure where exactly I will be in 5 years, but I hope that I’m contributing to and involved with the community. 

What hobbies and activities are you involved in? I’m a huge The Legend of Zelda fan as well as a Super Smash Bros. fan, so I’m always playing/replaying one of those games.  I also love watching movies so that takes up a whole chunk of my time as well!

What is your relationship status? Wouldn’t you like to know. 

What would your friends describe you as?A huge movie junkie with no regard for personal boundaries. 

You are at a bar, what are you most likely to order? A single malt Scotch.  Haha just kidding…or am I?

If you could offer one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?Love and appreciate your family.  They’re the closest people you’ve got, even if your siblings drive you crazy! 

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?Some type of big city like New York or Chicago, even though I probably wouldn’t last a year seeing as I have been living in London my entire life! 

Which person in your life do you admire the most and why?My Dad.  He has always been really supportive and gives me guidance.  Without him, I would be pretty lost. He’s also the one who made me a huge movie nerd so I guess I have to give him some credit.

If you could have any job, what would it be? Definitely becoming the Chief of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.  (Any other fellow Grey’s Anatomy fans out there?)

What hobbies would you love to take up?My one friend is crazy about photography and I’m so amazed at the photos that she takes!  I’d love to take it up.  My room is filled with all these iPhone photos and I think it’s time for an upgrade.

How do you describe your style? It varies depending on what I am obsessed with at that time! Currently I have been really loving older movies and bought some clothes with inspiration from those classic Hollywood actresses.  Honestly though, I don’t think I have a specific style. I think the only consistent thing is the amount of sweats I wear!

Favourites:

• Song (old or current)? It’s a tie between two. “Your Song“ by Elton John is the one song that I’ve been listening to for my entire life and I never get tired of it.  I’ve recently started listening to Pink Floyd, and I absolutely fell in love with “Wish You Were Here”.
  • Favourite movie? Again another tie!  I can’t decide between Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back, for nostalgic reasons (and Han Solo, obviously!). My other favourite is Roman Holiday, which has the greatest screen couple ever: Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.   
  • Favourite place to go out? Movie theatre.  Between the candy and the buttery popcorn while watching a movie on the big screen, what’s not to love?

Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!