sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Eight Types of Boys You’ll Meet at Western

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Part of Western’s appeal is that it brings all kinds of people together in a very diverse community. Inevitably, a lot of these people will share some common characteristics. Whether you love them or hate them, here is a list of some the boys you are likely to meet during your time at Western.

1. The Frat Boy

This is the guy that will hook you up with the best parties, so you keep him around. It’s exactly what you need when life feels dull. He is fun, social, always busy. A serious relationship is not possible since he is already in a polygamist relationship with his frat.

2. The Hipster

From his thrifted outfit to the foreign book he is reading, this guy goes out of his way to not conform to society. He wouldn’t be caught dead listening to the top 40. However this guy will introduce you to the most obscure of bands, artists and films, which you must glorify and then critique if they become mainstream.

3. The Jock

This guy inhabits the gym like his life depends on it. His morning routine includes shakes with unpronounceable ingredients. Yet for some reason, he keeps on forgetting leg day. He is great for keeping school spirit, and makes for a great football game buddy.

4. The Slacker

There are two types of slackers. There are the ones who still manage to succeed, and the ones who disappear. Yet both have one thing in common: they make their own rules. Class starts at 9:30? They will be there for 10, if they make an appearance at all.

5. The Social Butterfly

This is the guy everyone just seems to know but have no idea how. You can guarantee to find him everywhere. Plus, he is never one to miss a party. No one is sure if he even has a home. He is great for connections, since odds are he knows someone who knows someone who knows someone.

6. The Stoner

He spends most of his time smoking weed, thinking about smoking weed, looking to buy weed or even selling weed. He can be found with another set of smokers where they are  together smoking weed, thinking about weed, buying weed or having really deep philosophical conversations…or at least they think so.

7. The Business Guy

He knows what he wants from life and he is going to get it no matter what. He feels superior because of his AEO status but let’s face it, he is just trying to boost his ego by gloating his success. When money is not his mind, he is dedicated and full of ambition.

8. The Womanizer

This guy will have sex with anything. His checklist requirements are very short: he just needs a female. He may come off as charming, but beware, as chances are he has approached every other girl in the vicinity.

Every one of these guys is still lovable in their own way and brings a different flavour to your social life. Put them together, and you have the perfect formula for the best four years of your life.

currently 4th year Honor Specialization in Media, Information and technoculture. Aspires to be a reporter and a singer while traveling the world.
Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s