This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s that time of the year again: the final days of the semester. Of course, every class seems to have final assignments due within days of one another and then final exams start. There is just no catching a break as a student! As someone who should be completing a handful of essays and attempting to start some sort of study schedule for exams, the only logical thing to do was to make a list of all the things that I’d rather do than study.

1. Sleep

I’m done with days of sleeping too late and feeling guilty about not doing anything, or getting only a few hours of sleep in order to get everything done on my to-do list. One of the top things I’d always rather do than study is sleep without worrying about it impacting my grades negatively.

2. Catch up on Netflix

One thing that I always fall behind on when it comes to the season of final assignments and exams is the latest episodes of my fav Netflix originals (and others). Believe me, if I could binge watch all the Netflix shows my heart desired instead of having to write 10-page papers and revision notes, I’d be a happy camper!

3. Read a good book

Instead of having to constantly read for class, I’d much rather be picking up the books I actually want to read. I know I chose to be an English major and all of the reading that such a life entails, but it’d be nice to not have deadlines to finish books and not have to think about the significance of every detail unless I want to.

4. Be Anywhere Else

It’s no lie to say that I’d love to be anywhere that isn’t a classroom or my desk at home. While my lack of expenses denies me the pleasures of just jumping on a plane in an attempt to avoid studying for exams, I’d take going on a hike, or taking a road trip, or even just sitting on the LTC until the driver kicks me off over studying.

5. Clean my entire apartment

Nothing gets those cleaning juices going like having multiple deadlines and more stress than you can manage. It’s so much easier to feel productive while doing assignments if I’ve done a load of dishes and vacuumed, but these small acts almost always spiral into a full on Marie Kondo tidy and the next thing I know it’s time for bed and oh darn, guess we can’t study today. Honestly, I’m never even mad.

6. Exercise

I want to be someone who can exercise, I really do. Unfortunately, I cannot be a girl that exercises and gets assignments completed and beautiful study notes done. It’s just not possible for me. Around this time of year with summer looming, the desire to actually exercise instead of studying is a siren call that is hard to resist.

7. Hang out with friends

I don’t want to hang out with friends and study. I just want to do fun things with my friends and forget that I have deadlines to meet. I’d much rather hang out with my gal-pals and go shopping or catch dinner and a movie!

8. Write a Her Campus Article

I think this one is pretty self explanatory.

Don’t worry fellow students, we are almost at the end of the term. But, if you’re like me and would rather do anything but study, here’s your—and my—reminder to get back to work and get the grades you deserve!