Dine Easy: Rising Startup Aimed To Deliver Fresh Meals to Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Dine Easy, a new food-delivery startup in London, Ontario, aims to cook and deliver nutritious meals to college and university students.

Photo from Dine Easy

Paul Okundaye, a first-year Ivey HBA student, wanted to create a social enterprise that provides affordable meals, while making a difference in the community.

Okundaye’s website outlines his three goals of tackling poverty, food security and sustainability.  

Dine Easy partners with partially government funded employment organizations to hire and train individuals with employment barriers in the London community to alleviate poverty.

By offering well-balanced meals with adequate carbohydrate, vegetable and protein portions, the startup hopes to lower food insecurity among students.

Their meal containers and delivery bags are also recyclable or compostable to promote sustainability.

The Dine Easy menu offers different entrée options on Monday, Wednesday and Friday that change weekly, including Indian biryani chicken, Mongolian beef and scallions, and Portuguese piri piri chicken.

The price of a lunch-size meal is $5.99 and the regular size is $9.99.

Customers can also receive 5% off of their total order if they order five to seven meals or 10% off for eight to ten meals.

Dine Easy offers free delivery on all orders with no minimum requirement.

Their meals are cooked on the morning of the delivery day and never chilled or frozen.

Customers must place their orders on the website by 1 P.M. on the day they are delivered. Orders can be placed up to one week in advance.

The meals are delivered London-wide between 3:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. on each delivery day. For students living in a university residence, meals are delivered between 3:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.

Dine Easy also provides the option for customers to purchase a second meal at 50% off, where the funds would be donated to local organizations working with the less fortunate.

Check out their Facebook page for more information.

Would you try Dine Easy? Let us know in the comments below!