element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christmas Gift Inspiration: Indigo Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

One of my favourite things to do every Christmas season is buy gifts for my friends and family; things that are really personal but useful so they can truly enjoy them! Every time I walk into Indigo, I constantly feel inspired to revamp my home décor or buy a new mug to add to my already big collection. Indigo always seems to be the place where my friends and I end up stopping into just to look around, as there are so many beautiful and artsy things to covet over. Not to mention there is usually a Starbucks nearby, and that’s my second obsession besides Indigo.

Recently my addiction grew even more when I stopped into my local Indigo to take a look around at their new holiday collection and winter essentials. I couldn’t help but share some of the amazing gift ideas I came across with you. Here is a little list I came up with to give you some inspiration if you are stuck on what to get those special people in your life this Christmas season.Firstly, I got to start with candles. Who doesn’t love amazing smelling candles that you can light in your home on a cold winter night? It makes you feel really cozy inside and it’s always at the top of my list to give to my friends and family. Indigo has come up with their new scents for Winter and I couldn’t be more impressed. Make a pit stop at your next visit to their candle section and take a sniff.

1. Snowflakes and Morning Frost (my personal favourite!): $10.00-$29.50

2. Wild Fig and Warm Cedar: $10.00-$29.50

3. Chestnut and Autumn Amber: $10.00-$29.50

4. Crackling Firewood and Ember: $10.00-$29.50

Next up are kitchen essentials, as Indigo has a very versatile and cute collection of mugs and glasses that are personalized and trendy, allowing you to pick and choose what fits for the person you are buying for. Here are a couple items that caught my eye, and I couldn’t resist adding them to the list!

1. Rise and Shine Mug: $12.00

2. Expressions Small French Press (Best Pot): $38.00

3. Gold Dot Stemless Champagne Glasses (perfect for New Years!): $39.50

4. Expressions Perfect Tea Set: $24.50

Indigo has the perfect cozy home essentials that everyone should take a look at; the colours and the patterns definitely don’t disappoint. They have everything from twinkle lights to soft throws and pillows, which definitely put me in the holiday spirit. Here are some of my favourites:

1. Star LED 20 Light Outdoor Strand (Warm White): $25.00

2. Expressions Pillow Cover (Rather Stay Home): $39.50

3. Super Soft Throw (Quicksilver): $49.50

4. Jewelry Tray (You’re a Gem): $20.00

Who doesn’t love some cute and affordable stocking stuffers to give to family and friends this holiday season! Indigo has a complete section just dedicated to all the fun (and useful) trinkets, which you probably couldn’t live without after buying them. Here are a couple items I thought would be fun to give or try out for yourself!

1. Mini Emergency Kit For Her: $22.00

2. Plait Cable Reading Socks: $29.50

3. Head Massager (always a crowd pleaser!): $6.00

4. Invisible Ink Pens (just for fun!): $9.50

Of course I can’t forget about what Indigo is known for…books! Here are a couple of books that I have noticed recently that I think might also interest you too!

1. Humans of New York – Brandon Stanton

2. The Betches: I Had a Nice Time and Other Lies…

3. Small Great Things – Jodi Picoult (author of “My Sister’s Keeper”)

4. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat – Chrissy Teigen

Christmas is coming up quickly, so get your shopping on, take some of my tips and head to Indigo to find so many amazing gifts that will perfectly compliment the people you love the most. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.