books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The Best Study Spots On Western Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

#examszn is coming, and that means that finding a spot in the library will be nearly impossible. There are a ton of places on campus that won’t leave you searching in Club Weldon, so check out this list and figure out where you’ll be camping out until the end of April!

1.     Fireplace Lounge

Hidden on the second floor of the UCC, Fireplace Lounge is usually empty, and has comfy couches and a fireplace to keep you warm from this weird snow.

2.     Third Floor UCC

The third floor UCC is surprisingly quiet, and there are desks with dividers. There are also bigger tables for groups, and you can book a meeting room if you have a study group!

3.     Physics and Astronomy

While PAB looks like just any other building from the outside, once you step inside, it feels like you’re actually in a museum. PAB is all shiny and glass and new looking, and it’s usually pretty quiet. Give it a shot for studying (and potentially staging your Insta photos).

4.     Stevenson Hall

If you want to feel like you’re actually at Hogwarts, head to Stevenson! There are tons of nooks and crannies in Stevenson, so you can campout and no one will disturb your study jam.

5.     King’s Library

If you’re willing to make the trek, then the King’s Library is perfect for you! It’s quiet, and way newer than Weldon, so it’s shiny and clean and quiet.

6.     International and Graduate Affairs Building

You’ve probably walked past the “old Ivey” building a hundred times and never gone inside. It’s all glass and old on the inside, which is so cool, and makes for a very calming study atmosphere.

7.     Arts and Humanities Library

There’s more to University College than just being the perfect backdrop for every Western photo you’ve ever seen. The Arts and Humanities Library is perfect for when you need to get to the grind, because there’s no windows and therefore, no distractions!

8.     North Campus Building

NCB can be busy sometimes, but for the most part, it’s quiet and there are a lot of outlets for when your laptop dies. The back of the building is glass windows, so you can watch the river and the squirrels while you procrastinate that essay. 

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader. 
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.