7 Animated Character Moments That Describe Your Twenties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Your twenties. Your infamous twenties. The time when you are supposed to explore the world and who you are before “real life” takes over. On one hand, it’s incredibly exciting! This is your time. On the flip side, this is your time. Having that kind of pressure (and time crunch) to really figure your stuff out can be, well, scary. But we’re all going through the “twenties crisis,” and evidently, so are some of our favourite animated character friends.

1. Marty from Madagascar

About to merge onto the highway of adulthood, everyone is entitled to a bit of a “I don’t know who I am!” freak out. With important decisions to make and responsibilities to be met, it’s normal to want to run away to the “wild” to figure out who you want to be before it’s too late. Maybe give your friends a heads up that’s what you’re doing though, just maybe.

2. Donkey from Shrek

Positivity is important, but sometimes it’s really really hard. When things feel messy, which they do more often than not, it’s important to look at the minute details about life that make you smile. There’s always at least one good thing going on, don’t be afraid to search for it.

3. Rapunzel from Tangled

The hardest part about growing up is having to decipher answers to decisions for yourself, by yourself. There comes a point when no amount of well-guided advice can help you figure things out. Yes, you might go in circles with yourself for a while, but eventually you will figure it out because, well, you’ll just get tired of being dizzy.

4. Buzz and Woody from Toy Story

Everyone is going/has gone/will go through something challenging at one point or another. Sometimes, it’s hard to help your friends when they need it because you can barely help yourself. Regardless, you probably do whatever you can to give them a hand. Just remember, there’s only so much of you, and they’ll understand if you can’t give your full self to them.

5. Baymax from Big Hero 6

This one is probably pretty self-explanatory. We’ve all had that night when the simplest of tasks turn into a disaster because of a little thing called shots (cue LMFAO). Everyone goes a little too far sometimes, but as long as it’s not every time… it’s okay!

6. Megra from Hercules

That moment when you realize, yes, I’m climbing a mountain right now; I barely recognize myself in the mirror, but I am going to plow my way through this. I’m going to to be okay, and I have it in me to keep fighting.

7. Lewis from Meet the Robinsons

When you realize that, despite all the difficulties and challenges of being in your twenties, you have to keep moving forward, because there is no other option. You decide that you can, and you will do this.

All GIFS courtesy of GIPHY

Gabriella is in her third year at Western U studying kinesiology and creative writing.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.