5 Reasons Why Chuck and Blair Were The Worst Couple on “Gossip Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s easy to idealize our favourite lovers/haters Chuck and Blair as “relationship goals.” However, among the fun, quotable moments there were moments that were dark and actually not ok. Here are five reasons why Chuck and Blair were actually a pretty terrible couple on Gossip Girl.

1. There was always some sort of self-inflicted drama

Remember that time it took a whole season to say “I love you” because they were both so stubborn?

2. They made each other miserable

Blair said they should be together because they are both sick and twisted. Although Blair has her problems, she doesn’t deserve to be in a relationship that ultimately makes her miserable.

3. He displayed emotionally abusive behaviour

He literally traded her for a hotel — she is not his property. Furthermore, when Blair tried to break up with him, he punched glass, injuring her face, and prompted a conversation about glamorizing abusive relationships on television.

4. They manipulated one another

Emotional manipulation is the hallmark of a very unhealthy couple.

5. He cheated on her… and blamed her for it.

Remember that time when Chuck waited at the Empire State Building for Blair for like, 10 minutes before giving up and going straight into the arms of vulnerable Jenny Humphrey? Me too. Ass.

If you love #teamchair check out this article on why Dan and Blair were the worst! 

Ella is proud to be HC Western's President for the 2017-2018 year.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.