5 Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Halloween is one of my favourite times of year. The air is starting to get cooler, the leaves are changing, pumpkins sit on porches, and candy is everywhere! Dressing up and going to halloween parties can be so fun, but stressful at the same time. For university and college students, Halloween is already a busy time of the year due to midterms and papers. If you spent all your time studying you probably didn’t have time to buy or make a halloween costume. If that’s the case, then this article is for you! Here are 5 last minute halloween costumes that are cheap and easy to wear!

1. Athlete

A sports player is one of the easiest and cheapest last minute costumes you can get. Borrow a jersey from your dad, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend or anyone else that has one you can wear. It could be basketball, baseball, football, hockey-literally anything, as long as it’s sport related. Wear it as a dress or rock it with some jeans and you’re set! If you’re a football player, you can draw black lines on your face and/or wear a helmet too!

2. Pumpkin

A pumpkin is a cute, halloween-themed costume that can be made in almost no time. Find an old orange t-shirt, or buy one from stores like Michael’s Craft Store for under $5! All you need next is a black sharpie to draw on the face. Make sure to put cardboard or paper inside the shirt so the ink doesn’t leak through. You can wear this as a t-shirt or a dress as well!

3. Barbie

For this costume, all you need is a dress and access to a printer. The dress can be any colour you like, but bright colours like pink and blue work best. Next, print out the the barbie logo and tape it to your dress! Wear it with heels or jewelry for added effect!

4. Tom Cruise’s Character from Risky Business

Channel everyone’s favourite 80’s movie character from Risky Business! This costume is super easy and can be made in minutes. Once again, borrow an oversized dress shirt from one of those men in your life and wear it so it almost looks like a dress. Wear some plain black shorts or men’s boxers underneath it. Pair it with some white socks and don’t forget a pair of classic black wayfarer sunglasses! If you happen to have a microphone lying around, that would be an amazing touch.

5. An animal

If you have time to hit the dollar store, grab a pair of animal ears. Anything from cat, to mouse, to zebra can be a cute and fun halloween look! For animals like cats and mice, draw a black nose and whiskers on your face. Wear with black clothes for cats, or grey clothes for mice. This is a cute and easy costume and can be great as a group costume if all your friends dress as different animals!

It can be fun to make creative costumes, but sometimes you just don’t have the time. These last minute costumes are cute and stress free. Throw these on, go out, and enjoy a spooky time with your friends!