5 Fall Styles You Can’t Live Without This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Are you in need of some fall style inspiration?  There is no need to worry because Her Campus Western Ontario has got you covered!  Our mental feelings can be closely linked with our physical feelings, which is why the expression “look good, feel good” still stands.  If you want the low down of what classic pieces are going to get you the compliments this season, this article is for you!  Look good on or off campus by incorporating these timeless articles into your wardrobe.

1. Wrap Blanket Scarves

Paisley Scarf (Zara, $39.90)

These scarves are not only really pretty, but also extremely practical!  They are big enough to keep you warm, even with a light jacket on.  Great for both fall and winter seasons.

2. Knitted Toque 

Grey Toque (H&M, $6.95)

The toque is very in for the fall.  It will keep your ears warm while also covering up a bad hair day!  You can wear it outside or inside, and it’s a nice accessory to complete a cozy fall outfit.

3. Kimono Cardigan

LA Hearts Cape Kimono Cardigan (Polyvore, $49)

This cardigan is a great style for fall because it’s comfortable, cute, and can be casual or dressed up.  You can wear it to class over a tank top with a cute necklace, or wear it out with a cropped top and some leather pants.

4. Ankle Boots

IZABEL (ALDO, $140)

A nice classic pair of ankle boots will always be in style.  These are also a piece that you can dress up or down, depending on where you’re going.  Black is a safe colour that will go well with anything, and the shorter heel makes them more versatile.

5. Trench Coat

Michael Kors Trench in Dark Moss (Nordstrom, $167.55)

A trenchcoat is a timeless piece that can be worn in any season.  It is slimming and stylish.  Good colours that go with lots include: beige, navy, black, and dark green.

My name is Brooke Horrobin and I'm going into my 4th year at UWO. I'm pursuing a bachelor degree with a major in Political Science and a minor in Health Science. I love writing and social media. I'm hoping to pursue a future career in human resources or public relations. I love writing about things that a lot of others can relate to. I have a strong interest in fashion and the college life in general.
Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!