5 Campus Clues You Go To Western

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

1. When your bookstore caters to all your interests and hobbies, no matter what those might be…

2. … And your school has no problem letting their students voice their opinions on those interests and hobbies, either. What better way is there to do that than with chalk? 

3. When you’re running late for class but you have to stop and let the geese cross, or risk (a guaranteed) attack. 

4. When you finally make it to class after dodging swarms of students and self-entitled geese, sometimes you question if going to school is even worth it anymore. 

5. Somewhere in between long hours at the library and even longer Starbucks lines, you remember that you go to one of the best schools in the country with an even better campus, and you wouldn’t trade that for anything.  

Serena Marotta is in her fourth year of Media, Information and Technoculture at the University of Western Ontario. She is currently a writer for Lush Luxury Magazine, where her overwhelming passion for ridiculously priced clothing and travel is finally paying off. She is looking forward to starting an internship as a weekly lifestyle and fashion contributor for the online retailer Buygoon this year. Serena loves to explore and write about the “behind the scenes” aspect of the fashion, culture and lifestyle industries, yet hopes to pursue a career in investigative journalism on more serious topics like mental health and crime. She is thrilled to a be a new member of the Her Campus team!
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.