This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Trying to live more consciously can pose a struggle when your favourite businesses have ethically questionable (at best) practices. But do not fret! I’ve compiled a list of cool, ethical online shops where you’ll WANT to spend your money!

1. Reformation

The majority of Reformation’s clothing is made in the U.S., and the rest are made abroad by responsible manufacturing partners using sustainable methods and materials. The website works to educate its customers on sustainable shopping practices, the impact of the fashion industry, and how to care for their clothes in an eco friendly manner.

2. Hackwith Design House

This store is perfect for quality, minimalist clothing that will never go out of style. Focused on making unique, limited edition clothing, Hackwith Design House makes every item in house at their studio in Minnesota. Most of their items are not made until they are ordered, thus reducing waste!  This brand is definitely on the pricey side, so be sure to check out its extensive sale section.

3. Everlane

Everlane is committed to slow fashion, meaning their clothes are not just another thoughtless purchase but a conscious one. It is dedicated to “radical transparency,” meaning the website will tell you about the factory any item was made in and its true cost. To give you an idea about the company’s ethics, it shut the site down for Black Friday to make sure its customers were making thoughtful purchasing decisions and, instead of marking clothing down and still wildly profiting, it collected money to provide 8,000 factory workers with helmets to ensure they arrive at work safely.

4. Serengetee

For more information on this brand, be sure to check out this article! Also, use code Vaisbort15 for 15% off!

Becca Serena wrote for Her Campus Western (Ontario) from 2015-2018. Beginning as a general writer, she made her way to Social Media Manager in 2016 and became a Chapter Advisor of five chapters from January to April of 2017. She serves as Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for the 2017-2018 term. This venue saw Serena’s passion for writing brave and controversial pieces grow as her dedication to feminism strengthened.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.