10 Things Only People Addicted to Coffee Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Something all you coffee addicts out there can relate to.

1. The only thing that wakes you up in the morning is the smell of coffee.

No point getting up otherwise.

2. Drip coffee maker, french press, coffee bean grinder: you have it all.

3. You connect with Lorelai Gilmore on a spiritual level.

4. When you get to a lecture and forget to have a cup, there’s a 99.9% chance you’ll doze off.

5. You’ve know your coffee order perfectly. You say your order without hesitation every time (no matter how complicated it is).

6. On the mornings you don’t drink coffee, you’re already dreading that headache that’ll hit you at 1pm.

7. When there’s only five minutes until class but there’s a mile long line up for Tims/Starbucks on campus and you’re debating on whether it’s worth it.

And let’s be honest: coffee is always worth it.

8. The greatest thing anyone can say while giving you a ride is offering to stop at a Starbucks.

9. You’re completely aware that your personality does a 180 from the moment before you drink your first coffee and the moment after.

You don’t want to be near me before I’ve had my morning coffee.

10. You have a love-hate relationship with coffee during exams because it reminds you of all the sleep deprivation and cramming.

But let’s be real: we’ll always love coffee and could never live without it

Hey, I'm Elisa: 4th year Western Mustang and ardent movie nerd.  I love The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars and Wes Anderson.  I'm currently on a Doctor Who binge, been told that I'm quite good at Super Smash Bros, and have a deep connection with Tina Belcher from Bob's Burgers.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.