free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons Why Working At A Camp Is The Best Summer Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

10. They’ll hire you just for the summer (without getting mad that you’ll be headed back to school in the fall). You’ll probably even get asked to come back next summer, SCORE! This takes away the stress of reapplying for new jobs every summer with everyone else.

9. It’s not a desk job; you actually get to move around. Your friends working at (Insert National Bank here) will be jealous and butt-hurt… no seriously, their butts will hurt… from sitting all day.  

8.  You actually get to go outside and enjoy the sunshine! Most camps spend at least a few hours outside during the day. You’ll get some fresh air, a change of scenery, and you may even have the opportunity to work on your tan.

7. Future employers will be impressed with your leadership skills and dedication to help others, especially if you’re a returning camp councilor year after year. This shows loyalty through longevity.

6. Snack time. Yes, it’s back.

5. There will always be summer camps = you will always have a job.

4. Day camps are usually 9-4pm Monday to Friday, which means you get nights and weekends off. This way your summer isn’t completely taken away from you… you’ll have lots of time to do the other things you want to do!

3. You’re still young and have time to enjoy this type of job (as much as you can) before you have to find “a real job”.

2. You get to work with other people your age. Working as a team can be a lot of fun, and you’ll meet some really awesome and outgoing new friends who share similar interests as you. You’re destined to have fun staff nights out, and plenty of inside jokes… about the kids. You’ll probably even get drunk together at some point and imitate a few (a lot) of them.

1. Making a difference in a child’s life, even if just for a few weeks during the summer, is probably the coolest thing ever. 

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.