diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons To Live On-Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

With the end of first semester comes final exams, Christmas holidays, and the frightening prospect of yet another semester of school before the well-anticipated four-month summer break. But first you’ve got to decide on what comes next. For most of us, that means finding a place to live for the following school year. Here’s are ten reasons that will hopefully sway you to an easier way of living.

1. It’s close to classes.

Why spend those precious minutes waiting for the bus when you could spend it sleeping?

2. No cooking necessary!

You don’t have to cook your own food, but if you wanted to, it’s an option.

3. Lots of leadership/involvement opportunities.

You could be a Soph, become a Residence Staff member, or join the student council. Take your pick!

4. Tons of resources.

Whatever you need, be it social, academic, physical, mental, etc., there’s always someone to lead you to the appropriate resources.

5. Endless events.

Karaoke nights, coffeehouses, scavenger hunts, dances and formals, floor decorating—residence programming has got you covered.

6. Endless friendship.

When you’ve got your floor, your roommates or suitemates, your RA and Sophs, your friends from classes/clubs/life, and other people around the building, there will be no shortage of socializing in your life.

7. No cleaning!

All of those time consuming, forgettable things like vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, emptying the garbage—no more! Those are done for you.

8. Better academics.

Studies show that students who live in residence fare better academically than those who don’t.

9. Guaranteed feeling of security.

With your own personally-coded room key, 24/7 front desk access, residence staff doing rounds of the building, and mandatory guest registration, the possibility of theft or any other danger will seldom cross your mind.

10. You have the rest of your life to live off-campus.

When next will you be able to live with your closest friends, not have to clean or cook anything, and have endless social and leadership opportunities at your fingertips? The answer is now. What are you waiting for?

Alero is a fourth year student at Western University. She is pursuing an Honours degree in Creative Writing & English and is looking forward to post-graduation plans. Her dream job would be something where she could either write or read for the rest of her life - preferably both.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.