10 Feelings the LTC Gives Western Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

1. Panic: The feeling you get when you realize you have to leave your house right that second or else you’re going to miss your bus.  You run out of your house, grabbing your last minute items, and bolt to your bus stop.

2. Anger: The feeling you get when you arrive to the bus stop practically out of breath only to realize the bus is running late.  You rushed for nothing. This also applies for those of us who miss our bus and frantically run after it… We have all been there and yet they never stop?!

3. Relaxation: The feeling you get momentarily once you get a seat on the bus, take your bag off and start listening to music (silly you, thinking you can relax).

4. Annoyed: The feeling you get when people sit beside you, despite the fact that there are evidently open seats..

5. Suspense: The feeling you get when you are approaching that one stop where everyone and their mother gets on the bus. You know the bus will be packed like sardines in a couple of seconds (I’m looking at you, Masonville).

6. What even is personal space?: The feeling you get when the bus is packed and everyone’s in each others space to the point where  you are mad you took precious personal space for granted in the past. Some guy’s backpack is inches away from your face and his legs are directly in between yours and you are thinking, “Oh God, don’t fall back, please don’t fall back on me.”

7. Awkwardness: The feeling you get when you see your friend on the bus, but they are all the way at the back.  You contemplate being rude and not saying hi, or looking like an idiot and screaming across the bus for their attention.

8. Wanting to Scream: The feeling you get when the bus driver stops at a stop longer than a minute and you tell yourself to speak up because you’re going to be late for class. Instead you just sit there, yelling in your head (*cough cough* Western Hospital stop).

9. Anxiety: The feeling you get when you know your bus stop is coming up, but there is a barricade of people between you and the door.  You mentally plan out how you are going to push through the crowd of people, and when you do your backpack slaps everyone on the way to the back doors… only to realize they’re not opening.

10. Relief: The final feeling you get when you get off that scary place known as our bittersweet LTC.

And the cycle continues!

My name is Giulia, it's pronounced just like Julia only its spelt with a G! Anyone who knows me well knows I love my cat and my apartment will always be stocked with wine. I like to think of myself as a self-proclaimed makeup artist considering I spend hours on end studying from the makeup school of Youtube. I'm also a strong believer that animals are our friends, not food!
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.