Why You Should Decorate for Christmas Early

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

After Halloween ends,it seems like we hit a winter slump. It’s not December yet, winter break seems so far away, and midterms and papers are taking over our lives. One way to change things up? Decorate for Christmas early!

1. It’s a fun way to de-stress

Nothing makes me happier than putting up lights and hanging my stocking next to my roommate’s. We all have a lot of work to do,so decorating for Christmas could be just the thing you need to take a break and regroup.

2. It sets the mood for the rest of the semester

Sure you may have pile of work to do, but looking up and seeing your Christmas tree is a great reminder that the semester will end, and you’ll be able to celebrate.

3. There are tons of Christmas movies to watch

Nothing sets the atmosphere for Christmas-movie-watching like great decor. Since there are so many amazing Christmas movies to watch you’ve got to set the mood early in order to get in all of your favourites.

4. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, make it last

Okay so there are other great holidays, but i’m sure that most of us can agree that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Technically it only lasts a day, but the spirit of the holiday season should last longer. Putting up your decorations early makes sure that you can enjoy the season for a long time.

5. It will remind you to Christmas shop

Many of us procrastinate everything, including our holiday shopping. There’s nothing worse than trying to find the perfect gift for someone at the last minute. Holiday decorations help to remind you that Christmas is coming, and you better prepare!

6. When you go home you decorate again

Once you go home for the semester you get to decorate all over again, so why not decorate your home away from home a bit earlier. Maximum festivity.

Hello! I graduated from my masters in journalism in 2018 and have carried my passion for writing.
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.