This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

London is a bustling city with so much going on. Exams are coming up, but so are the holidays! What better way to destress and relax than to go explore the city and the festivities around you? Personally, I love the holidays in London—the whole city seems to sparkle with holiday cheer, and although it’s freezing, everyone seems a little bit warmer. These are my favorite holiday celebrations in London—take some time off studying and check them out!

In Toronto for the holidays? Check out these holiday events!

1. Lighting of the Lights

Where: Victoria Park

When: November 25th

Cost: Free

There’s also skating in the park (and photos with Santa). There’s nothing I love more than going to see the lights in Vic park with a hot chocolate in hand!

2. The Annual Christmas Craft Festival

Where: Western Fair District

When: December 1-4

Cost: $7

Find out more here.

Support local artists and get all your Christmas gifts!

3.  Christmas in the Village

Where: Whortley Village

When: December 3

Cost: Free

Find out more here.

Nothing is more charming than Whortley Village—shop in cute stores and munch on delicious food!

4. Argyle Santa Claus Parade

Where: Home Depot at Dundas and Parsons When: December 10, 9am-2pm

Cost: Free

So. Many. Santas.

5. A Christmas Carol

Where: The Grand Theater

When: December 13-24

Find out more and buy tickets here.

This classic play screams “Christmas!”

Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader. 
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.