This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Some of us might be sad to see the hot weather go, but here are 12 reasons why everyone should be excited for this upcoming fall season.

1. Cozy Sweaters

Time to put away the shorts and dresses and take out the cozy sweaters! Fall is the perfect season for all types of sweaters —pull-overs, cardigans, zip-ups, etc. There is no better feeling than walking around campus on a crisp day while wearing a fleecy sweater; it’s not so cold that you’re freezing, but it’s not so warm that you’re sweating. It’s perfect!

2. Leggings

While many of us may be year round legging wearers, fall is the time when we can finally take out those fleecy tights that we’ve been dying to wear all year. Whoever said leggings aren’t pants has clearly never owned a pair—what’s better than being comfortable but looking cute at the same time? Not to mention they go with everything from a nice top to a baggy sweatshirt.

3. Boots

Seriously, tall boots go with everything. No more awkward, “do these sandals go with this outfit?” You can literally throw on leggings, boots and a cozy sweater and look as though you put effort into your appearance—it’s great.

4. Sweatpants

I think the university intentionally schedules exams in December so that we can all live in sweatpants. They’re basically pajamas that are socially acceptable to wear in public. And trust, sweatpants are non-negotiable for this time of year; they’re every student’s best friend during the study period.

5. Awesome Hair Days

When you spend two hours washing, blow drying and heat styling your hair, you can count on it staying beautiful. With humidity being MIA, we’ll be happy to see the frizzy-hair days go with it.

6. Pumpkin Spice Lattés

They literally taste like fall in a cup–obviously brings out the basic white girl in all of us.

7. Change in Colour

Probably the most beautiful time of year; you can’t go anywhere without seeing the vibrant colours of fall, whether it be on leaves or in fashion. Let’s be honest, we all live for burgundy.

8. Change in Weather

No more sweating our faces off. Time to say goodbye to the humidity that’s so thick you can’t even breathe,and hello to the crisp, freshness of fall. This is the time of year when you can literally get a “breath of fresh air.”

9. Halloween

Who doesn’t love to dress up, eat lots of chocolate and candy, and watch scary movies with friends? With the darker backdrop of fall, Halloween is definitely something to be excited for. Make sure to go to a haunted cornfield, carve a pumpkin, and attend a Halloween-themed party.

10.  “Cup of Tea and a Book” Season

Now is the perfect time to curl up on the couch with the window opened a crack, a blanket wrapped around your shoulders, a cup of tea/coffee next to you on the table and a great book in your hands. There is no greater feeling than curling up with a really good book—even if you’re not much of a reader (stay tuned for the top 10 books that need to be on your reading list; hint: one of them is The Girl on the Train).

11.  Candles

Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle bring out the best scents for the fall. I just bought myself a candle that smells like pumpkin pie… YUM.

12.  Thanksgiving

Lots and lots of food. Enough said.

Chapter Advisor for Her Campus and Junior Editor/Writer for Her Campus at Western. You can typically find me in the world of English literature.
Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s