Life > Experiences

Songs That Will Romanticize Your Life Into A Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

Songs can have a variety of meanings to them and when you are able to find songs that understand you, they help you view the world in a different perspective. It can change your whole mood and even bring you up. The following songs have done exactly that for me. 

“Freakin’ Out on the Interstate” by Briston Maroney

Freakin’ Out on the Interstate is an Alternative/ Indie song. The song depicts in my mind someone going back to their hometown while not feeling quite like themselves. Some of the lyrics include “Rolling down the windows, baby, I can’t hear a thing you say I’m walking back to my favorite place And I can feel them staring at me” and “Driving home and call my father on the telephone I hope you know I missed you, man. Let’s put it all behind us if we can”. These song lyrics make my life feel like a Hallmark movie coming back to town and patching things up with my family. 

Fire In the Sky by Anderson .Paak

Fire In the Sky makes me feel like I am escaping in a getaway car with the love of my life after an intense James Bond movie scene. My favorite lyric from this song is: “In the summers we let the top down, soak up the light. All I wanted was just to lock down the love of my life. Nice and simple, like a midnight drive. Watching’ fireworks in the sky.” The vibe of this song is very groovy and it always paints that picture in my head.  

Marigold by Jelani Aryeh 

This is a very feel good song about a girl who spreads light and positivity wherever she goes and I think even if I am not exactly that girl, It’s the type of movie character I would love to be. My favorite lyrics are “Playing your stereo loud Flaunting your taste. Blazing the space around you. With love, light and marigold sounds.”

Long Story Short by Taylor Swift 

Long Story Short is essentially about surviving a bad breakup and ending up with the right guy. However, I interpreted this song like it was about beating any obstacle in life and becoming the champion on the other side.  This song definitely makes me feel like a protagonist in my own movie. My favorite lyrics from this song are. Fatefully I tried to pick my battles ’til the battle picked me. Misery. Like the war of words I shouted in my sleep.”

Hours by again & again 

Hours is a great song that makes you feel like the hours and days can just fly by just like in a movie. It has a repetition factor to it too that will have you singing this song constantly. This song makes me feel like I am stuck in a movie where the days all seem the same. My favorite lyric is Lately, it’s been on my brain. Would you mind letting me know If hours don’t turn into days It’s like I’m stuck inside a…”

These songs make me feel like I’m in a movie everytime I listen to them. The magic of music is that it is up for interpretation for the audience to decide how to give the songs meaning. These songs are truly unique to me because they show me how I think my life would be played out based on these songs.

Vanessa Rodriguez

West Chester '23

Vanessa is a self-motivated and innovative digital marketer who has 2 years of experience in Marketing Campaigns, Public Relations, Content Creation, Copywriting, Canva, Client Development, Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite, Brand partnerships and Social Media Marketing, looking for a full-time opportunity in the digital marketing field.