This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

There’s something about the leaves falling and the air getting chilly… you know that fall has begun. With fall here to stay for a while, you might need a perfect fall playlist. So, here are a few songs that, for me, feel like autumn.

Like Real People Do – Hozier

“Like Real People Do” feels like the first part of fall when it just starts getting colder. It’s cozy blankets and reading in front of the fire.

In Dreams – Sierra Ferrell

“In Dreams” is being outside late at night with your friends, laughing when you can see each other’s breath in the cold.

The Night We Met – Lord Huron

“The Night We Met” feels like watching the rain outside your window. It’s the changing color of the leaves as you drive your car down a winding road.

Ophelia – The Lumineers

“Ophelia” is stargazing on a plaid picnic blanket covered with leaves wondering where the time’s gone.

Ceilings – Lizzy McAlpine

“Ceilings” is scream-singing the lyrics in your car at midnight with the crisp cold air blowing in your hair as you drive by.

Stick Season – Noah Kahan

“Stick Season” is sitting in the coffee shop sipping your favorite latte.

Honeybee – The Head and the Heart

“Honeybee” is hayrides through pumpkin patches and running through corn mazes.

This is Me Trying – Taylor Swift

“This is Me Trying” is the early morning frost on your windshield and looking up through the golden leaf-covered trees to the gray, cloudy sky. 

We Fell in Love in October – Girl in Red

“We Fell in Love in October” is watching movies with your friends in front of a crackling fire.

Flowers in your hair – the lumineers

“Flowers in Your Hair” feels like wearing your comfiest sweater and fuzziest socks while sitting on the porch drinking hot cocoa.

A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James

“A Sunday Kind of Love” is waking up wrapped in your favorite cozy blanket.

October – Alessia Cara

“October” is going apple picking and drinking fresh apple cider from the orchard. 

I hope I’ve given you a few new songs to add to your favorite fall themed playlist. Go jump in leaf piles, drink apple cider, and paint a few pumpkins. Enjoy the perfect fall weather.

If you want to check out more songs like these I made a Spotify playlist! You can check it out here:

Olivia Roth

West Chester '25

Hi I'm Liv. I'm a first year English major with a possible minor in Women and Gender Studies.