This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

It is so easy to get caught into an endless loop with social media, where you’re constantly refreshing your feed to be introduced to new content. As overwhelming as these apps can be, it’s not always a negative thing. In my own experience, I’ve been faced with some very inspiring and fascinating influencers. Emilie Kiser, Ashlen, and Paige Fish are my most recent micro-influencer obsessions. These three women, all at different stages of their lives, post content spreading positivity and inspiration to all of their followers. 

Emilie Kiser is a mom and wife in her mid twenties who has had a big rise in followers over the last year. She posts lifestyle content where we tend to spend a morning in her life, join her on her errands run, or join her on her weekly Sunday rests. She’ll never miss an opportunity to show off her adorable two year old son, Trigg, and her sweet husband, Brady Kiser. Her family lifestyle content is the cutest and makes me excited to have a family one day. Emilie is simply just an ordinary woman going through life in her twenties, but the reason why she stands out to me so much is because of how genuine she is. You can tell from her content how real she is with her viewers. She’s open and vulnerable in each of her videos, allowing her to be easily related to. And her personality is so easily likable where I truly enjoy following along with her life. Even for simple “get ready with me” videos, I appreciate all the life updates she shares with her viewers. It feels to me as if I’m just on a FaceTime call catching up with a friend. She is someone I am happy to see grow in popularity and be given so many great opportunities thanks to her platform. She is a down to earth beautiful soul who deserves the platform she has made for herself. 

Ashlen is another influencer who posts daily content and brings us along on her fitness and wellness journey. She doesn’t share her last name on her social media but her Tiktok username is @rainbowsunshineandclover and her Instagram username is @ashisatthegym. She is in her early twenties and brings her followers along on her daily productive routine. In my experience of viewing Ashlyn’s content, it has inspired me to conquer as much as she does in a day. She rises at a very early hour and makes really good use of her time right up until her full-time job begins. For someone who is not a morning person, I can still resonate that her devotion to never-ending daily motivation truly is inspiring. Even though it’s not me maintaining that consistent routine, I enjoy watching her succeed. I find it entertaining to live through her perspective because I truly admire her devotion. She is always smiling and playing upbeat music which makes it even more enjoyable for viewers to join her on her journey. She influences me to advocate for myself similar to how she does for herself.

Lastly, Paige Fish is a high school senior who I only recently discovered on social media. What stood out to me was her clothing content where she’ll vlog her recently worn outfits. I am a big fan of fashion and expressing yourself in your clothing, so she stood out to me with her unique style. I found myself scrolling through all her clothing videos because I really loved her vibe and began to obsess a bit. And to my surprise, there was even more that Paige Fish had to offer. She is also a singer with multiple songs released. She has such a powerful voice for someone her age. I can tell she has a lot to offer and this is only the beginning. I have now listened to her music, which is available online, and I personally think she is super talented. I feel proud watching her growth and prosperity for someone at such a young age. She has such a bold personality which I truly admire. For only being a senior in high school, she hasn’t let that confine her from being the most authentic version of herself. She embraces her bold personality through her style and her music, and that is something I find to be truly inspiring. 

So overall social media can be more than just a negative space. We can be introduced to creators who share uplifting and relatable content. For myself I love videos where I feel heard or seen. But also I love watching lifestyle videos because it inspires me to aspire towards creating goals of my own. The key is avoiding comparison and using it for motivation. Because not everything on social media is the whole truth, so taking it with a grain of salt and an open mind will be best for yourself. Find motivation and inspiration in the things you want to strive for, and that can be done through a online visual of a content creator. Whatever it is, do it to help contribute to you being the best version of yourself. Make social media a safe space for you and your mindset.

Sarakate Levanti

West Chester '23

Sarakate is a Sophomore Psychology Major at West Chester University. This is her first semester on the writing team for Her Campus. She has a passion for writing about lifestyle content, her opinions, or current trends :)