This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

It’s officially October, so you know what that means! It’s Halloween season. What better way to celebrate than to grab a bowl of popcorn and start streaming some Halloween movies. Don’t know what you want to watch? Don’t worry, I’ve composed a whole list of Halloween films! 27 to be exact. They can be found on Netflix, Hulu, or Disney Plus.

The Addams Family (1991)

Kicking off this list is one of the most classic wholesome Halloween movies. The Adam’s Family will defiantly get you in the Halloween spirit and may even inspire a Halloween costume for you. 

The House at the End of the Street (2012)

This thriller will get your blood pumping and will have you questioning that cute mysterious guy up the street. Even if you’re not into thrillers you have to watch this just for Jennifer Lawrence’s stunning performance. 

Sleepy Hollow (1999)

Sleepy Hollow takes on the classic tale of the Headless Horseman. the young Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci are amazing in their performances. 

A Haunted House (2013)

A haunted house is the perfect Halloween movie if you’re not into scary movies. You’ll be laughing and the sheer stupidity at it. 

Zodiac (2007)

This movie has a star-packed cast including, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, and Robert Downey, Jr. This is based around the still uncaught Zodiac Killer. If you’re into true crime definitely give it a watch. 

Sinister II (2015)

Sinister II will for sure have you jumping in your seat. the sequel to the 2012 movie Sinister is full of just as many jump scares and suspenseful moments.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

The Silence of the Lambs is a cult classic movie that you will never get tired of. This movie has everything a crime movie should, a brilliant FBI agent, a cannibalistic serial killer, and a deranged serial killer on the loose. a definite must watch this Halloween. 

The Roommate (2011)

The roommate captures and new college students’ worst fear, a crazy roommate. just think of this movie as an updated Single White Female. Maybe skip this one of you’re getting a weird feeling from your new roomie. 

The Boy (2016)

The boy is a psychological thriller that will be playing with your mind up until the very end. The plotline is very intense and the ending is a real jaw-dropping twist. 

Hush (2016)

This movie tackles a lot of people’s worst fear, being home alone with an intruder. follow Maddie’s horrifying secluded journey with this evil man outside. 

Cult of Chucky (2017)

Welcome the latest movie to the Chucky franchise, if you’re a fan of the original movies you’ll definitely love this. This movie is a follow up of all the Chucky movies. Like the other movies, Chucky goes on a rampage making everyone feel crazy and horrified all at the same time.

The Twilight Saga (2008-2012)

You can binge all five of these movies to get you in the romantic vampire vibe. These movies will bring you back to your preteen heartthrob crush. Are you team Edward or team Jacob this Halloween?

Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)

Paranormal Activity 3 is in a very specific movie genre, if you enjoy the home movie look from past Paranormal Activity movies you’ll love this. there are a lot of jump scares and an interesting plot. 

Child’s Play (2019)

Child’s Play (2019) is a remake of the classic movie Chucky. This movie takes place in modern times with Chucky unleashing his horrible crimes on those around him. For all the Parks and Rec fans, Aubrey Plaza gives a great dramatic performance. for all the Star Wars fans, nonother than Mark Hamill lends his voice to the Chucky doll.  

Oculus (2013)

Oculus will have you never look at a mirror the same way ever again. this movie is so horror and thriller filled you’ll be terrified and intrigued the whole time. 

Texas Chainsaw (2013)

Texas Chainsaw is a modern version of the 1974 movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This version follows a group of young adults who unknowingly in the tow of the 1974 murders. If you’re a fan of this classic horror franchise you’ll love this modern reboot.  

Jessabelle (2014)

Jessabelle has that classic horror movie feel to it. The plot gains more intensity as the film progresses. There are several plot twists thrown in there. Follow the recently disabled woman dig into her mother’s past, and just wait for the sinister stuff she uncovers.   

Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, Halloweentown High and Return to Halloweentown (1998-2006)

We can’t talk about Disney Halloween movies without talking about the most iconic Halloween movies around, Halloweentown! These movies will take you back to your childhood when all you were concerned about was how much candy I’m going to get while trick or treating. You can binge the amazing four movies as much as you want through Disney+ believe me I’ve already watched them several times

The Haunted Mansion (2003)

The ride inspired movie, The Haunted Mansion, will have you laughing and gasping all at the same time. Eddie Murphy is of course hilarious in his role, and the plot is very exciting. Even though this is a kid’s movie there are a few special effects that definitely send a shiver down your spine.

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad may be unknown to a lot of people but it is a must-watch in my family every Halloween. What really makes this a Halloween must watch is the Adventures of Ichabod. We follow a cartoon version of Sleepy Hallow in the height of the Headless Horseman’s reign of fear. I highly suggest these two short cartoons, they’re a fun wholesome way to start off your Halloween right

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a classic Halloween movie and I guess Christmas movie too. Everyone has to watch this at least once. Jack Skellington‘s excitement about the unknown fuels this movie, and you’ll love all of the crazy and scary characters in the film.  

Twitches and Twitches 2 (2005 & 2007)

Twitches one and two are some more of the iconic Disney Channel original movies. You have to watch these movies this spooky season just for pure nostalgia. These two twin witches have to find each other, figure out their powers, and save their home dimension all in one day. Talk about an exhausting 21st birthday.  

Hocus Pocus (1993)

Hocus Pocus is a wildly loved movie. It is personally one of my favorites and it defiantly a must-watch for anyone any age. The film is the perfect level of scary and fun. You can also catch Hocus Pocus playing constantly on Freeform 31 nights of Halloween. If you’re watching one movie with season make sure it’s Hocus Pocus, you can’t get much better than three crazy witches vs three kids and the 20th century.

Frankenweenie (2012)

This Claymation movie is in the classic Tim Burton feel. Frankenweenie is a new fun twist on the very old story of Frankenstein. This boy loves his dog so much that he finally figures out a way to bring him back to life. Bringing a dog back from the dead isn’t all fun and games though.

Return to Oz (1985)

Return to Oz isn’t marketed as a Halloween movie but it is sure creepy enough to be one. The unofficial sequel to the Wizard of Oz follows a young Dorthey after she left Oz. She escapes a mental hospital find herself back in an Oz full of ruin. She must go on an adventure to stop the headless evil queen and save Oz.

These movies will definitely start your October right. Get your pumpkin spiced latte, your favorite blanket, turn off the lights and binge away. Happy Halloween!

Jacqueline is a senior at West Chester University, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. She is working towards her Bachelor of Arts degree in Media Culture studies, with a Strategic Communication Concentration. Jacqueline is also working towards her minor in creative writing. In her future, Jacqueline hopes to write a book and find a career where she can pursue her passion for writing and creativity.
Contributor account.