Must Have Makeup Products For The Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

Winter can be hard for our skin and makeup routine as a whole. As it gets colder dry skin can get in the way when applying makeup. It can create a cakey dry mess. If you don’t use the right hydrating products your makeup could end up clashing with your skin or certain makeup products could end up drying up your skin further. Over the years, after trial and error, I have found some winter makeup staples you’ll want to keep in your bag this season.

Ultra Facial Cream

$34

The Ultra Facial Cream is another amazing hydrating product made with clean ingredients. This moisturizer is what I would use as a primer too since it is already a very hydrating cream.

CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum with SPF 40

Prince: $44

My next recommendation falls on the steeper end. Although I like to stay away from expensive foundation, this one is well worth the hype. It gives you a nice winter glow, that is already infused with sunscreen, that protects you against the sun. Especially since there are less reminders to put your sunscreen on in the winter. In addition to this it includes an anti-aging serum.

Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer

$9.00

The Elf Hydrating Concealer is one of the best brightening concealers on the marketing. With it’s hydrating formula, this version of the concealer does not dry your under eyes and gives your eyes the light they need to look hydrated and well rested! This concealer is vegan and cruelty free!

Check out this YouTube Review by Roxette Arisa,

Burts Bees Chapstick

$9.29

Burt’s Bees is a basic but it’s also a must! Nothing is worse than walking around with chapped or crusty lips. This four pack Burt’s Bees Chapstick will be a game changer for you tinder dates this winter. Burt’s Bees is cruelty free but not 100% vegan.

NYX Shine Loud Vegan High Shine Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick

$12.00

Now that your lips are prepped I recommend going with the NYX High Shine Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick. This duo is unexpected but the hydration from Burt’s Bees and the long lasting and high shine lip will leave you set all day. This products is vegan and cruelty free.

After trial and error these are products I do not leave the house without. There are many products out there but it’s important to acknowledge the seasons, your skin, and what can allow you to look and feel your best despite the changing seasons.

Vanessa Rodriguez

West Chester '23

Vanessa is a self-motivated and innovative digital marketer who has 2 years of experience in Marketing Campaigns, Public Relations, Content Creation, Copywriting, Canva, Client Development, Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite, Brand partnerships and Social Media Marketing, looking for a full-time opportunity in the digital marketing field.