Life > Experiences

Best Places to Eat in Downtown West Chester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

West Chester has many different things to do downtown. From shopping for new clothes to grab a sweet treat with your family. The walkable distances make for a perfect night. There are so many options to choose from for dinner, but in my opinion, Limoncello is the best place, and Kilwins is the best to grab a sweet treat after.

Limoncello

What’s not to love about the variety of choices and flavors at this restaurant? From lunch to dinner, to happy hour, Limoncello has just about everything. The various food options are very family-friendly. For example, the family takeout option makes it easy to feed everyone, but there are also options for solo dining. The menu includes personal pizzas, charcuterie boards, salads, entrees, kid’s menus, and much more. Limoncello has just about everything you’re craving.

The menu isn’t the only thing that makes Limoncello one of the best places downtown. The overall experience adds to the package. The kind servers offer specials of the day and are willing to make any changes you want to your specific dish. They are always willing to do whatever it takes to make your experience the best possible. The local downtown restaurant is surrounded by shops and offers outdoor seating. The food is amazing, but eating it in a nice environment makes it even better. It is the perfect spot to grab a bite of food on a nice day.

Limoncello has reasonable prices for their extraordinary food, perfect for a group of college students. A personal high-quality pizza is $16. However, these pizzas aren’t small. They leave plenty of delicious leftovers for the next day or can be shared among a group. Limoncello is known for its homemade dough, pizza combinations, and toppings. These pizzas are to die for and are definitely worth the money. 

kilwins

Kilwins is by far the best place to get dessert after dinner. Not only does this local old-fashioned confectionery chain include different kinds of ice cream, but they also offer handcrafted chocolates and fudge. These include individual chocolates, chocolate bars, boxed chocolates, truffles, caramels, creams, toffees, and much more. 

Compared to other dessert places in West Chester, Kilwins offers so much more. For example, Cookie Dope only offers limited options. They only have cookie dough, ice cream, and shaved ice. Similarly, Insomnia Cookies, a close competitor, only offers ice cream and cookies. Kilwins offers so much more, including gourmet popcorn, homemade marshmallows, caramel apples, and even holiday desserts. Other stores don’t compare to Kilwin’s variety and house recipes. They are truly one of a kind. 

Both Limoncello and Kilwins are a perfect walking distance from West Chester’s campus. Limoncello is only about .6 miles away, and Kilwins is only about half a mile away, so they are the perfect places for a group of college students to walk to at night. With both having reasonable prices and a variety of options, students aren’t going to have an issue finding exactly what they want. Limoncello is the best place for a meal, and Kilwins is the perfect stop to get dessert after!

Macarthy Keane

West Chester '26

Gymnast at West Chester University Writer for Her Campus at WCU