her-campus-clubs
her-campus-clubs
Canva
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

This year’s beauty advent calendars are bigger and full of must-have products. Who doesn’t love getting a little Christmas present every day of December? So, go ahead and treat yourself to one or more of these fantastic boxes. The hardest part will be picking which one will suit you, and it’ll be even harder to control yourself not to open all 24/25 days the moment you get the calendar. 

Lea Michele new years gif
Giphy

LOOKFANTASTIC

LOOKFANTASTIC Advent Calendar 2020 costs $110 plus shipping and handling, and the value of this box is an impressive $640. This item is currently pre-order only, but if you’re interested, you can purchase it on October 12. The product list is still unannounced, but on the website, they state there are “25 INCREDIBLE products inside – from skincare to haircare, body care to cosmetics”. You will probably not be disappointed by this high demand calendar, that has sold out quickly for the past five years.

Macy’s

25 Days Of Beauty Advent Calendar, Created for Macy’s, is $99 and is worth $434, that’s a pretty good value in my opinion. This beautiful red and gold box is filled with samples and full-sized beauty products. You’ll find skincare from brands like Mario Badescu, Clinique, and SK-II; for makeup, you’ll be getting products from Tarte, Laura Mercier, and Stila and even brushed from Luxe. Like any good present, this box is tied up with a beautiful gold bow. 

QVC

TILI Try it, Love it Beauty Christmas in July Sample Advent Calendar is $78 plus shipping and handling (3.50). This 24-day calendar is available through the QVC website and is such a must-have. If you’re looking to switch up your beauty routine but have no idea where to start, I suggest this advent calendar. It is full of unique samples from brands like Benefit, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and IT Cosmetics. Try out all these fantastic brands and figure out what full-sized products you would like to invest in. 

The Body Shop

The body shop has released three different advent calendars this year, Make It Real Together Advent Calendar, which is $69 and is worth $109. This box is the most economic friendly of the boxes, but still, get a great bang for your buck. You’ll receive 24 products from your favorite scents from lotions, luffas, and lip scrubs. The second box is Make It Real Together Big Advent Calendar and costs $109 with a value of $179. This box is super cute and depicts a classic Christmas scene. In this box, you get multiple face masks and so many other products to make you smell and look fantastic. The last box is Make It Real Together Ultimate Advent Calendar. It is priced at $169 and has a more significant worth of $325 with another heartwarming family Christmas scene of decorating the tree. Inside, the products are so big and so unique, what sets this one apart is the lip glosses and brushes.  

Feelunique

Feelunique Beauty Advent Calendar 2020 is currently pre-order only and costs $106 but is worth $333. This box has beautiful blue and navy colors and designs of hearts and geometric shapes with mint green boxes full of amazing products. Feelunique has such a wide variety of products from face masks, beauty blenders, makeup, and even a candle. Be sure to get your hands on the luxury box. 

Liberty

The liberty beauty advent calendar 2020 will cost you $276 but is worth a whopping $1,017 and is still a mystery. It will be launching October 7th the products are not released yet, but the box looks like an old Christmas storybook, with a wintery floral pattern inside. The website has stated that nineteen on the twenty-five days include full-size products. That’s absolutely insane! Some of the brands announced are Diptyque, Hourglass, and Le Labo. 

Elemis

25 Days of Spectacular Skin Advent Calendar by Elemis is a little more expensive, costing you $225, but the value is impressive at $519. This advent colander is a bit different as it gives you an extra present on Christmas Day. This year is big year skincare, and Elemis is no exception. You’ll get 25 luxury products to moisturize, tighten, and hopefully get rid of those designer bags we all have under our eyes at the end of the semester. The box is also a beautiful luxurious blue with gold accents, a great addition to anyone’s room.

L’OCCITANE

The Signature Advent Calendar: L’OCCITANE’s Christmas will cost you $105 and is worth $130. This year’s box theme is “the story of the almond tree” the designs are so cute and full of color, you’ll have a smile on your face when you pull out either your mini or full-sized L’OCCITANE product. Most of these are products for your body and in the dry winter, who doesn’t want various lotions. 

Rituals

The Rituals beauty advent calendar 2d is $74.50 but is worth $150. Ritual was one of the first companies to announce their stunning calendar; their packaging is always very in tune with the season and gives a sense of nostalgia. This colander is a red multi-story building covered in snow to remind you what you’re counting down to. Behind all 24 doors lies an excellent mini product to spruce up your face, hair, and body.  

ASOS 

The ASOS Face + Body 24 Day Advent Calendar is $92 and full of amazing goodies to keep your skin beautiful and glowing. Some brands inside these fun boxes include Origins, Laura Mercier, MAC, and Clinique. A few of the 24 unique products include lotions, face creams, and so many face masks!

home alone new year
Giphy

Jacqueline is a senior at West Chester University, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. She is working towards her Bachelor of Arts degree in Media Culture studies, with a Strategic Communication Concentration. Jacqueline is also working towards her minor in creative writing. In her future, Jacqueline hopes to write a book and find a career where she can pursue her passion for writing and creativity.
Contributor account.