8 GIFs That Are Too Relatable for the Typical College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

College is an extremely stressful time as we try our best to balance our classes, work, social life, extracurriculars… the list feels endless. We overwork ourselves while eating less than nutritious foods, drinking, and getting minimal amounts of sleep. Without a doubt, this is one of the most difficult times of your life. You are learning how to do things by yourself, making your own decisions, and growing as an individual each day. However, no matter how much you believe you have yourself put together, every college student is guilty of the following things or can relate to them on a spiritual level.

Eating All of the Carbs

Face it: we all get excited when the dining hall puts something yummy on the menu. You may find yourself racing your roommates and friends to the dining hall to see who could get in line first to receive the first serving, or maybe you found yourself setting up a whole feast in your dorm or apartment to eat. We have all been there, and we would be lying if we said it was not the best thing in the world. Self-care, am I right? Students usually stuff their faces with food all night long as they study in the library, I mean, who would come to the library without the necessary snacks? Us college students usually skip some meals because we are busy, but once we have free time, catch us binge eating anything we can get our hands on.

Gif of Michelle from Full House eating a plate of spaghetti
Giphy

Classes Feeling Like Forever​

Sitting in a class that you possess no interest in at all is the worst. In most cases, these would be the annoying general education classes that are required for everyone. Minutes feel like seconds and they continue to drag on as if time completely stopped. We have all found ourselves in a class where we glance at the clock every few seconds hoping that time is flying, but unfortunately it is not. On the flip side, nothing feels better than having your dreadful class ending early.

Years
Giphy

Everything is Just Falling Apart

No matter who you are, we have all been here. We have all experienced days where it feels as though everything is going wrong and working against you. It is just one misfortune after another and it defeats us. Sometimes it is not just a day; a week could pass where everything goes wrong. These are the worst because it feels like no matter what you do or how hard you try at something; it is just never going to work out. Maybe you failed a test or missed a deadline for a big assignment, or watched drama ignite between you and someone else. Just know, it can only go up from here. Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day, just keep your head high and have a positive mindset even though it may be tough.

Monica Stressed
Giphy

Partying

The first thing many people think when they hear “college” is parties. After a long week, people head out for the night to hang out with friends and drink to celebrate getting through another stressful week. Whether it is going to a big house party or out to the bars, it is a fun way to let loose after the hard work you put in all week.

Bridesmaids gif
Giphy

Going Out and Getting Drinks

Maybe you are having a rough day or want to treat yourself to something special like going out to local restaurants with friends for a few drinks and a nice lunch or dinner always hits the spot. Not in the mood to go all out at a party? No need to! Go big or go home! I am more than happy to go home, sit on my couch, and crack open a drink. Nothing is more relaxing than being lazy and a couch potato after work or class. We all do this more than we want to admit, but the occasional, or not-so-occasional drink, now becomes an almost daily routine if you are in college.

Harry Styles Martini
Giphy

Self-Care Sessions

Being overstressed and overworked calls for a self-care session. Take a nap, take a bath, go for a walk; anything that will help you relax. College students usually use self-care as an excuse for things. Asked to go out and party? Sorry, no can do, I am busy laying on the couch doing absolutely nothing and planning to keep it that way. Supposed to go meet up with a group to work on a project? Darn, I need to cancel because I am not feeling it. You do you boo; take care of yourself.

Chandler Long Day
Giphy

Only Having $3

Went out to the bars over the weekend? Took an impromptu trip to Target and impulsively bought every single cute item on the shelves? I am guilty of that. Due to buying everything and anything I see, I find myself with $3 left in my pocket. Do you think I am kidding? Why do you think I am eating a bag of half-eaten, expired Doritos for dinner? We buy things we do not need, but no one will ever understand why. Why not? If it will make me happy, of course, I am buying it even if I will regret it later.

Patrick Spongebob Money
Tenor

Getting Mad at Yourself and All of Your Bad Decisions Because Now You are Left with $3

You just went on a limb and spent money on something unnecessary. Now your wallet and bank account are looking at you like this. Do not worry though; money can be earned back, so good for you for treating yourself.

Angry Leslie Knope
Giphy

Hi, I'm Marly! I am a senior at West Chester University, majoring in English (Writings Track) with a concentration in Digital Writing and Rhetoric. In my free time I love to practice self care, which includes: listening to my favorite music, cooking/baking, journaling, and (of course!) obsessing over my dogs.
Contributor account.