Wellness

3 Ways to Stay Motivated at the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

And just like that, the semester is almost over. If you are anything like me, right around this time of the year, you start getting extremely unmotivated and find it harder to complete assignments in a timely manner. Laying in bed and putting off school assignments seems like a much more attractive decision. With that being said, here are some ways that keep me feeling motivated even when I do not necessarily want to be. 

Focus on Your Future

If you are even a little driven by your future, focusing on your future is a great way to get you up and moving whenever you are falling behind in your schoolwork. Taking the time to focus on your future is a method I use for everything; not just school work. It allows you to see the bigger picture and understand that anything you do now while you are young will pay off when you are older. We are all one step closer to being in the “real world” as my parents call it. Keep your head up and keep pushing through. You are bound to see results. 

Lean on Your Support Group 

We often feel like we have to do everything ourselves especially at this age. We are at a point in our life where we are continuously finding our autonomy but we cannot forget that there are people around us who would drop everything to help if we just ask. Whether that support group is your friend or your family; don’t hesitate to ask for help with anything! Even if they can take one or two things off your plate, it will help greatly. 

Don’t Forget to Take Time for Yourself

As important as finishing the semester strong is, as students, we cannot under any circumstance forget to take time for ourselves. It is important to put those books and laptops aside and take breaks whenever it is that you need them in order to keep the mind healthy. Burning yourself out is only going to result in negative consequences that will not only affect the value of your work but also your mental health. 

You have been motivated all year long so don’t stop now. The best feeling is knowing yourself, you finished off strong. As much as you might want to lay there and watch Netflix, think about how good you’ll feel once all those assignments are off your plate. Just get it done and I promise you’ll still find the time to do whatever you want throughout your week. 

Alessandra Russo

West Chester '21

My name is Alessandra Russo. I am a graduating senior from West Chester University, with an expected Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Spanish. Currently involved in two organizations at West Chester University which include Wescon; a marketing consulting group and being the Public Event Coordinator, Content Moderator, and Writer for Her Campus. I absolutely love being a part of Her Campus and everything this group stands for. Not only did I get to meet amazing women that empower each other but I am also gaining new experiences on a day-to-day basis thanks to the powerful people I work with.
Contributor account.