This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wesley chapter.

Fans were happy to hear that The Mandalorian has been confirmed for a second season, and recently an official trailer was released to the public. Starting October 30, 2020, the story of “Mando”, or Din Djarin, and The Child continues as they race through space on yet another thrilling adventure. From the trailer alone, the new season will be just as visually stunning and exciting as the first. Question is, will season two be able to live up to the fan’s high expectations after season one?

While Disney+ has been working hard on the second season of The Mandalorian, two more shows have been confirmed to be in the works. The first to expect is a series on Obi-Wan Kenobi, an old fan favorite. Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan in the Star Wars prequel films, has stated that he will be involved in the show, reprising his role as Kenobi. Cassian Andor, a rebel captain who aided in the retrieval of the Death Star plans alongside heroine Jyn Erso, will be returning for his spin-off series.

Marvel has just as much exciting news, if not more. So far, we can expect at least one show by the end of 2020–WandaVision. The series is set to be released sometime in December; however, a trailer has already been released and can be found on YouTube and Marvel.com. One can only wonder when the show takes place, as Wanda and Vision seem to be living in the 1950s, but they were both last seen in the MCU in modern times. The fact that Vision died at the end of Avengers: Infinity War makes reality even more questionable. Is the multiverse involved somehow, or is it all in Wanda’s head? 

Another show set for the MCU is The Falcon and Winter Soldier. It was originally set to be released in August 2020, but the date has been pushed back to an unknown time. Actors Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will be returning for the show and continuing the bromance between their characters Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes. If the series is anything like the rest of the MCU, it will involve lots of butt-kicking and world-saving, and who doesn’t love that?

Set to be released in the Spring of 2021 is the show Loki. The Norse god of mischief is back at it again, this time in what appears to be the 1970s according to one image that was released by Marvel. Tom Hiddleston will be returning for the role of the evil but loveable prankster and thank the gods for that. Marvel is known for its secrecy, so it’s hard to say what exactly will be happening in the show, especially one that revolves around a fan-favorite character.

Other shows to expect on Disney+ in the future include a series titled Hawkeye, which will be starring Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton and a new, young hero named Kate Bishop. The show is not set to appear until Fall 2021. Ms. Marvel is another show that is expected sometime in 2021. The show will be following Kamala Khan, a young Pakistani-American girl from New Jersey who uses her stretchy abilities to catch bad guys.

Disney+ is also set to release Monsters At Work at some point in 2021. The show will be continuing the Monsters Inc. movies, picking up at the end of the first film where scream is no longer the primary power source–laughter is! The producers shared that a new monster, Tylor Tuskmon, who graduated from Monsters University Scaring Program, is finally ready to become a scarer, only for laughter to take the world by storm. All the monsters would have to be retrained at Jokesters. It would take a lot of hard work, but the producers share that, like all Pixar works, it has a happy ending that everyone will enjoy.

Casie Heath

Wesley '23

Casie can’t wait to write for the world to enjoy. She is currently a sophomore at Wesley College, majoring in English. You can often find her curled up with a good book, or writing her heart out.
HI there! Paola is a senior at Wesley College who is majoring in English and minoring in Writing, and hopes to write for a living after college. Some of Paola's interests include writing, reading, watching horror and comedy films, traveling, and eating. Find her on Instagram as @_paolaap_!