5) Fredericksburg, Texas– Known for its many wineries, Fredericksburg is a beautiful and fun great weekend trip. Located in central Texas, the best time to visit is the early Spring when all the bluebonnets start to bloom. It is a gorgeous town in the hill country of Texas.
Where to stay: The inns and bed and breakfasts are great cozy places to stay for a long weekend in Fredericksburg. They are so cute and feel like a home away from home.
Things to do: Visiting the wineries is the best thing to do out there. Messina Hof is a great vineyard to go wine tasting at and has a great selection of wine. There are also wine tours that you can take that go to different vineyards.
Rating: 8/10- Fredericksburg was a great place to visit if you were looking for a weekend trip to the hill country of Texas. San Antonio and Austin are also not too far, and they are cool places to visit in Texas as well.
4) Grand Lake, Colorado– Located in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Grand Lake is a small town with so much character. From the beautiful mountain views to the crystal-clear lake, you’ll never run out of fresh air. Be on the lookout for the elk, moose, and black bears while traveling, you will see a ton of wildlife in their natural habitats. This trip is definitely for the adventurer so be ready to strap up those hiking boots or bring a fishing pole.
Where to stay: Gateway Inn
You will feel so cozy in these cabin-style hotel rooms. The wood furniture gives you a lodge in the woods feeling, and you have great views from the rooms.
Things to do: There are hiking trails, boat rentals, and fishing all around town. You can also walk along the cute downtown area where there are small shops and great places to eat.
Rating: 8/10- This town is for one who loves the outdoors. It was a great experience overall, and I will definitely be returning someday.
3) New Orleans, Louisiana– If you’re looking for a constant party this city is the place for you. With Bourbon Street being home to some of the best bars and restaurants, there is an endless amount of fun. I absolutely loved every minute I was in New Orleans because of the people and the Cajun culture. The jazz music could be heard at every corner, and there was always a place to learn about voodoo and grab a drink.
Where to stay: Courtyard by Marriott New Orleans French Quarter
This hotel was fantastic. Its prime location allowed easy access to Bourbon Street and was right in the French Quarter. There was so much happening all around us when we stayed there, and we had such a great time. The rooms were also big, and the characteristics of the hotel just tied in the whole New Orleans experience.
Things to do: Definitely take in all the art and music that surrounds New Orleans. It will enhance your experience and it is something that needs to be seen and heard. Of course, you have to go to Café Du Monde for beignets and coffee in the morning, but at night you should try Bourbon House for dinner. They have a great selection of seafood and the Bourbon Shrimp and Grits are a must. After dinner, you also have to stop by the iconic bar, Pat O’Brien’s, and order a hurricane, a New Orleans staple.
Rating: 10/10- This was one of the best trips I had ever been on. I cannot wait to go back one day!
2) Hilton Head Island, South Carolina– Hilton Head Island is located just north of Savannah, Georgia, and is the best vacation spot if you’re looking to relax and enjoy nice weather. It is a gorgeous island with plenty to do. From biking to bars and restaurants to swimming at the beach, there are endless possibilities for fun. My favorite activity to do while in Hilton Head is paddle boarding and seeing the dolphins swim by.
Where to stay: Most of the hotels and resorts are great, but it’s even better to rent a house or an Airbnb. These places are just as nice and in gated communities, so you can feel more at home.
Things to do: The Salty Dog Café is a great place to get afternoon drinks and listen to live music. Located on the water in south beach, it’s a great place for everyone! Coligny Plaza is another great little shopping center with a plethora of restaurants and stores. Another one of my favorite restaurants on the island is the Old Oyster Factory which is right on the water and the food is amazing.
Rating: 9/10– I’ve been going to Hilton Head since I was three years old and there has always been something to do at every age. It will always be one of my favorite vacation spots because it is in the perfect location, and there is so much to do.
1) Key West, Florida– Key West is one of the most beautiful destinations on the mainland of the United States. From its unique culture to its gorgeous atmosphere, you will feel as if you’re in a different country.
Where to stay: The Marker Key West
This hotel was amazing! It was within walking distance of great restaurants and Mallory Square. The hotel also had three swimming pools and a restaurant and bar.
Things to do: You can watch the most beautiful sunsets, go shopping, and eat at Mallory Square. You can also go snorkeling, parasailing, and swimming in the most beautiful bright blue waters. Also, don’t forget to try the conch and Cuban food. It’s probably the best you’ll get in the United States!
Rating: 10/10– I had the best time of my life on this trip. I went with two of my friends and it was so fun and beautiful! I learned so much about the southernmost point of the country and there is so much history behind Key West.