This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WesCo chapter.

I just need to geek out real quick. 

Ninja Sex Party happens to be one of my favorite comedy bands of all time. The band is the combination of the brilliant professor Brian Wecht and advertising genius Dan Avidan. I have been following these guys since 2014, only a few years after their start in the music business and I have been obsessed with them since. Their original music to me is brilliant and funny and their covers are just terrific (though admittedly, not all of them are fantastic.)

That being said, in order to kick start the release of their third cover album, Under The Covers Vol. 3, they released a video on their YouTube channel for their cover of Starship’s We Built This City. I have some many things to say about this.

First off, I frickin’ love this song. I grew up listening to Starship, and Jefferson Airplane, and the likes of such music. This song just so happens to be one of my favorites of all time. It’s fun, uplifting, and with just the right chords turns into the phenomenal rock song about living the rock and roll life. (Shoutout to Russell Brand in the movie Rock of Ages for doing it justice.)

Second, the way Dan sings this song, in my so humble opinion, is fantastic. This song fits his vocal range, his style, and his energy. Now, I found the music video to be extremely chaotic in a fun way. It’s not their usual style of video in terms of how they film. Even what they were is different. Instead of wearing normal day clothing or his Danny Sexbang costume, he wears a couple of different suits and he just looks so amazing in all of them.

Personally, I find 80’s rock hair and fashion to be extremely attractive and he captures this so fantastically with his massive fro of curls and head bands. There are multiple points in the video where he is in neon paint, and glitter, and is under lasers and black lights. It is a very visually appealing video and the aesthetic is just everything to me. Brian makes it all the better by staying in his normal costume and continuing as his persona, Ninja Brian.

I know this is extremely weird to say and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but I, as a nonbinary human, feel extremely gay feelings toward this very straight man. It doesn’t make sense at all but feelings usually don’t make feelings and this just happens to be one of those times.

That is all. Geeking out over.

Jaicyee Brian is a queer, nonbinary pal with a lot of knowledge on pride and music. This enby uses they/them pronouns and will write about music, with little opinionated pieces and puns. “I am both happy and sad at the same time, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." ― J.K. Rolling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Maddy Delaney is the Co-Correspondent for Her Campus at Wesleyan College. When she's not writing, she's hammock-ing, eating mozzarella sticks, or knitting. Yes, she is, in fact, an elderly woman named Edith in a college student's body.