This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WesCo chapter.

Being sexy is a very common ideology among women, after all, sex does sell. Many women even monetize their sexiness and have made fruitful careers from capitalizing on beauty standards/norms. 

Although the media will have us believe that sexiness is only for the select few who can afford designer bodies or those who live in the gym, sexiness does indeed cast a wide net over everyone. 

Anyone can be sexy, and no, that doesn’t mean you have to be in a g-string to do so, but by all means, you can if you want to.

I think all women should invest in things that they feel sexy in. 

Although things like lingerie aren’t for everyone you should definitely try it out, after all, no one has to see it. 

The confidence that comes with being comfortable in your own body is truly euphoric and every woman should feel that way about themselves. External validation is sometimes helpful, but you shouldn’t rely on it throughout your journey to self-confidence. So for all the women reading this go out there and buy that little black dress, that Victoria Secret, the savagexfenty, etc… and come to terms with your own sexiness. 

Tyler Walker is the Co-Correspondent for Her Campus at Wesleyan College. An avid Naruto enthusiast, painter, and author. Tyler is a passionate leader and dabbles in the realm of puns. Look forward her article series ",Sincerely -".
Maddy Delaney is the Co-Correspondent for Her Campus at Wesleyan College. When she's not writing, she's hammock-ing, eating mozzarella sticks, or knitting. Yes, she is, in fact, an elderly woman named Edith in a college student's body.