This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WesCo chapter.

Homecoming is the week that every college student looks forward to. No matter the type of school you attend, Homecoming is a pivotal moment in the college experience. But PLEASE, don’t get caught up in this one week. 

For the next four years, this will be your life. 

Everyone asks, “What’s so exciting about college?” People elaborate on how great everything is going to be, but I have yet to believe it. Before I can grasp the thought of how great these four years maybe, I have a lot of other things to consider.

During the week of the best parties and everything else you might encounter, you can’t forget about the paper that’s due that same week, or how you don’t know how you are going to make it through the next week. It is easy to forget your everyday struggles when all you are doing is partying, drinking, and having fun. 

I never knew how scary it would be being lost in the right direction. Some of us are worried as to what these next four years could hold. Then some of us don’t know anything. I am both. I don’t know why I’m going where I’m going. I don’t know what I want to do with my life, but I have realized that it’s okay not to be okay.

It is okay to feel stressed. It’s okay not to have your life together, but remember that you are not alone. You are going through what every college student will go through. Whatever you do, don’t give up. Not all superheroes wear capes, most of them spend all their time stressing over exams, eating ramen, and broke.

You have all you need – now push through.

Greetings and most humble salutations! I am Taylor Mackenzie, a first-year student here at the historic Wesleyan College majoring in Early Childhood Education with a minor in English emphasizes writing hailing from Alamo, Georgia. I currently serve as Vice-President of the Golden Class, Head of the voting committee for Black Studnet Alliance, and a member of Campus Activity Board. I also the current Miss Black Georgia Talented Teen 2020. I enjoy shopping, writing, and smiling of course. "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown." - William Shakespeare Henry