This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

We all know how much stress November brings college students; it’s crunch time, we have run out of dining dollars, we have an unbelievable amount of laundry to do, and we are weeks behind on sleep. It’s time to incorporate some self-care into our schedule! 

If you know Wells, you know our Women’s Resource Center hosts a Love Your Body Week (LYBW) every year in hopes of spreading body positivity and sex positivity. Each year it’s full of daily events that promote self-love. Between writing thank you letters to our bodies, casting our insecurities & baggage into our lake, and painting our beautiful bodies, I am always so thrilled that I get to be apart of this tradition. 

My favorite event is one that I got to host this year where we wrote out what we didn’t want in our hearts anymore onto rocks and threw them into our lake together. We stood shoulder to shoulder on the dock and one by one yelled our affirmations into the wind. It’s always extremely powerful and equally as loving. Knowing that we all have rocks; that we all have something to wish the wind would consume, is something we will keep in mind for the remaining months of the year. 

To finish out the week we have a dance called E-ball (erotic ball), where we collectively pledge to host love in our hearts when we enter the building. The dance promotes safe sex;  as the largest theme of the night is consent. People are encouraged to wear whatever makes them feel good, whether this be pajamas or lingerie- the point is to feel as comfortable as you want! 

I love this week with my entire heart and I hope this Wells tradition never ends. 

Hannah attends Wells College as an Inclusive Childhood Education major with psychology and gender studies minors. Through her pieces she writes, she hopes to encourage inclusivity for all genders through a feminist lens.
Wells Womxn