Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Wellness

Why I Love My Diva Cup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

I have been using a Diva Cup for two years now and I have found nothing but love for it. At first, it was definitely a little difficult to get used to, but after getting used to it I wouldn’t have my period any other way! 

I love my Diva Cup because…  

It can last me all day!

Even on my heaviest days, my Diva Cup can last a full day! Before getting my cup, I would need to change tampons at least 8 times a day when my flow was heavy… which was super inconvenient at work among other things. However, with my Diva Cup, I can get through my day without having the anxiety of leaking.

It’s more cost-effective

My Diva Cup cost me $30, which seems expensive, but in the long run, I have saved SO much money, as I no longer have to spend $7 on a box of tampons each time I get my period.

It’s sustainable!

One of my favorite things about the Diva Cup is that it is reusable and that I’m not wasting plastic by using tampons. It’s not only better for me, but it’s better for the environment.

It’s comfortable!

Tampons weren’t the worst, but sometimes using them felt a little uncomfortable. But when I’m using my Diva Cup, I don’t even realize it’s there!

It helps my cramps

I have always had horrible period cramps (you know the ones where you literally can’t move). But ever since I’ve started using a Diva Cup, my periods have been lighter and my cramps! (I don’t know how, but I’m telling ya, it works MIRACLES!)

If you’re someone who gets a period, I 10/10 recommend getting the Diva Cup. With the Diva Cup, my period doesn’t control me, I control it!

Kaylen, a Campus Correspondent for HC at Wells, is a senior at Wells College studying Women's and Gender Studies and Psychology.  "Like Ivy, we grew where there was room for us"-Miranda July