This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

Unfortunately, many of the products bought and sold in the United States are harmful to customers and the earth. The processes in which they retrieve their products test their products and the actual ingredients can be harmful to customers. With a growing number of people in the U.S. and the world, it is important to protect our land and home: Earth. That starts with making smarter choices on the products we buy, and natural, sustainable and organic products are just better for our bodies anyway! Especially if you have coarse, curly, dry, thick hair.

Garnier has a new line of products that are vegan, 94% biodegradable, and contain no artificial colorants, paraben or silicones. They have claimed that only about half of Americans recycle their beauty products, which is why Garnier has created a new line of sustainable products. Some of their new products include “1-minute hair masks.” These are super helpful if your hair is prone to dryness, and even if it’s not, the masks are great for any hair type.

These products are 98% “naturally derived ingredients. In other words, the ingredients used in the mask contain 50% or more of its natural molecular structure. Many beauty products drastically change their ingredients to things that are harmful to our hair. The remaining 2% of the ingredients are to preserve the mask in the package. These ingredients are definitely not at the top and are a small percentage of what makes up the product as a whole.

Not only are the packages biodegradable but they are super efficient and versatile. A lot of other hair masks ask to wait a while before rinsing out of the hair, however, these hair masks only need a minute to work some magic. They also have several uses; you can either use this product as a mask, a conditioner or as a leave-in conditioner with damp hair. This is convenient because typically masks ask you to rinse after usage or to leave it in your hair for a long period of time. However, when you’re in a rush or simply a busy person, you may not have time for that. These products are better for the environment and they are not too expensive. Often times hair products that have more natural ingredients and are better for your hair tend to have high prices. Garnier is affordable and accessible in most stores. It is a well-known product and has been around for years!

If you are looking to support smaller companies with the same ideas about sustainability and ingredients check out the Instagram/website account @delightfulbotanicals. The products are handmade and high quality and there are hair and skin products to choose from. Sustainable living is spreading and it is important to support both the big and small businesses that support that.

doing my work for better days.
Wells Womxn