This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

If you loved playing Mario Kart on the Wii or your DS, then you are gonna love Nintendo’s new Mario Kart app. The app is free to install and is available on both Androids and iphones. It’s the same Mario Kart game you love, but with a few twists.

The game is set up in racing tours that change every other week. So far since the game has launched, it had the New York Tour and the Tokyo Tour. Within each tour is 16 cups each named for a character. Each cup is made up of three races and one challenge level each. Once you complete the cup with enough stars, you can move to the next one which increases in difficulty as you play.

Each race is scored on a system of points you collect from the character, kart, and glider you race with, actions performed, and coins collected during the race. If you score high enough, you can get a possible for five stars per race and three for the challenge levels.

The kicker is that not all the characters, karts, and gliders are available to you for free. You can buy characters, karts, and gliders from the store with your actual money or coins you collect in the game. You can also fire the pipe in exchange for rubies to gain new characters, karts, and gliders. 

You collect rubies and badges at various points during your gameplay. Rubies are often awarded when you level up in experience or achieve something in the game. Badges are kind of like challenges you perform during the races. You could get a badge for hitting someone with a banana 20 times and because you got that badge, you usually get rewarded with stars, coins, and/or rubies.

This game is super easy to play and so addicting. My advice: save up your rubies and coins for hard levels.

Amy Storti

Wells '21

Wells College Class of 2021 English Literature Major
Wells Womxn