This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

This spring I am finishing up my final semester of my undergraduate degree. The past four years have been filled with ups and downs, and a whole lot of growing up. I have had a lot of time to think about life, and what is really important. I have also learned a lot of lessons that I hope to take with me through the rest of my life. Below are 21 things I realized while in college. 

1. Don’t argue with idiots, you will never get anywhere and it is a waste of time.

2. The more honest you are with yourself, the better off you will be, and the more likely you will be doing something that is right for you. 

3. Doing your best changes daily, and that is ok. Sometimes your best is being able to write 5 papers and read 3 books, on other days it is taking a day off and lounging on the couch eating chips.

4. Just about anything can be used as a fork if you are innovative enough.

5. Comparing yourself to others does not make you any happier. Own the qualities and things you have instead of wanting and crying over the ones you don’t.

6. Social media breaks can do absolute wonders for the mind and soul and should be done often.

7. You cannot always control everything or help every situation. However, you can stay in-the-know, have well-formed opinions, and do kind things for others. 

8. A good one from Eleanor Roosevelt’s book, “you wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” 

9. You are where you are supposed to be.

10. Good things take time, enjoy the little things along the way.

11. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

12. It is important to be in touch with yourself. How am I feeling today? Why might that be? What can I do to help this?

13. Being sensitive is not a weakness, but a gift. 

14. Life is not a race or a competition, it is a journey. Everyone goes at their own pace and takes their own path.

15. Appreciate those who love you, and take the time out to tell them. 

16. Life runs in a cycle. If you are going through a rough time, at some point it will be good again. 

17. If you learned something new, whether it be a skill, an ability, a new fact, a stronger will, then the class (or the life experience) was not a waste. 

18. Life gives you what you need. Sometimes that may correlate with what you want. Either way, make the most of it. 

19. Your happiness is the most important. If you find you are constantly unhappy, then something in your life needs to change. 

20. Live your life for you, and no one else.

21. Change comes gradually, so don’t be worried if at first you don’t see it. 

Amy is a student at Wells college. She is currently working on her double major in Psychology and Criminal Justice, along with a minor in History. In addition to writing, she likes acting, reading, drawing, watching movies, and playing with cats. Coffee is her lifesource. Hugs are her favorite. She loves being on the Her Campus team at Wells, and enjoys working and being surrounded by such kind and strong people! 
Wells Womxn