Style

Granny Panties Are Sexy Too!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

Ever since I was little I’ve worn full brief underwear. It doesn’t make you any less of a woman if you do! Sometime around 8th grade, girls around me started buying thongs and talking about them a lot. I’d hear things like “ugh my panty line is showing,” or “I have to buy a thong because of volleyball and my spandex.” Mind you, I have no problem with them but, let’s just say I had a little more hip and butt than my fellow peers. If my friends and I went to the mall, they would be pulling out the lace things from the bin and I’d go to clearance bin with the underwear that says stuff like “Monday” on the back. The thongs, cheeky and no show underwear were always more expensive. I loved a good deal and always felt more comfortable with my ass covered. This is not to say that there aren’t sexy/cute underwear out there that are brief. Yeah, there’s the packaged ones you can get from brands like Hanes but there’s also underwear from Victoria Secret or Aerie that are just as cute.

Somewhere along the line, I felt less of a girl because I didn’t want to wear thongs. I know now that it’s not true and it’s all about preference. I wish there was someone that told me it’s okay to wear full brief underwear and be 16, though I knew I didn’t have to do anything I didn’t want to do. Social pressures in your teens can be a lot. It’s hard to keep up with the hottest trends and norms when they don’t feel very “you”. I wasn’t going to buy a thong just because everyone else was doing it. Even if your panty line does show, so what! Your butt will look just as good with a line or not. If someone was going to look, they were going to look anyway regardless of a line showing. Plus, briefs are great for when you are on your period. Usually, the clearance rack has more briefs than anything. All briefs aren’t ugly and plain. There’s lace, cotton, silk, floral, and practically anything you can think of. Ladies, let’s uplift each other’s comfort levels. If you want to rock a thong, do it! If you wanna wear boxer briefs do it! If you wanna go commando do that too! All Panties Matter!

Briefs are amazing but so are cute boxer shorts. There are even more prints and fun ones online. Plus, if you’re worried about panty lines they’re less likely to show up if you wear the shorts. They will still cover you up if you don’t like cheeky or thong underwear. Just like briefs, boxer briefs/boyshorts are sold everywhere. They are also really comfy to wear at night if you are not a pants person! Plus you don’t even have to shop in the women’s section to get them. Men do have the little weird hole sometimes but usually, it stays closed – plus pants cover it anyway!

Whatever your preference is, be confident and love yourself in them. You are sexy and beautiful whatever you wear under.

Wells Womxn