This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

I don’t know about you all, but the end of the semester is kicking my ass harder than it has ever before. It’s the end of the semester for most colleges and universities and there is so much to celebrate but also so much to cry and scream about! However, the end of the semester here at Wells has it’s ups and downs and I know you can relate to these.

1.  Extra Large Drinks at The Grind

You know its study period when we finally hear that The Grind has its X-large sizes available! Honestly, I wouldn’t be bothered if this was an option throughout the entire academic year but I suppose I’ll live. The late nights and hard work call for extra caffeine so make sure you fill up!

2.  Ignoring responsibilities like

This applies to every college student everywhere, and it’s no different at Wells. Something about having a billion things makes you decide to do everything but those things. We are ALL guilty of it.

3. Thinking about all of those responsibilities

This is such a stressful time, and it can become very overwhelming when we think about what we have to do or if we’re capable of doing so. The answer is yes you will. It will be frustrating, but you will prevail!

4. The end of the semester sale at the college store

I don’t know about you all, but I try to wait until every end of the semester to re-up on my Wells swag at the college store because this place is already taking all of my money. Prices are cut by almost half, so it’s a little hard to pass up. For now, I’ll patiently wait for that email. :)  

5. When you head to your fav spot to study just to see that it’s taken

We all have a place we prefer to study. It’s crucial to find a space where you work your best or to create a productive setting. However, it is super annoying when you have a specific spot in mind and then have to relocate. It truly is a new and different kind of heartbreak.

6. When you see seniors in their robes acting up

You know it’s the end of the semester here at Wells when our seniors are in their black robes, getting drunk, and acting up because they graduate in a few weeks. The last two weeks are weeks filled with tradition and celebration for the seniors (congratulations and shout out to Wells College graduating class of 2019). It’s always great to see seniors drunk in class and passed out on Sommer lawn at 3:30 pm. Y’all have worked hard for this, so live it up!

7.     Making sure you don’t miss out on free coffee

Usually, at the end of the semester, there are occasions where different clubs may provide a limited supply of free coffee. At a time where I am both exhausted and broke, this gesture is a godsend. Just make sure that you’re on it because it goes fast!

It goes without saying that the end of the semester sucks, but we will get through it! I hope you are all keeping a strong head, working hard, and being kind to yourselves in the process!

WE’RE ALMOST THERE.

Jahaira is a double major in Psychology and Women's and Gender Studies and a campus correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Wells College. 
Wells Womxn