This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

As I was growing up, I watched a lot of my beloved childhood video games go out of style. Now when I hear kids talking about more recent video games, I feel so old, which is crazy since I’m only 19. But it is also crazy to see the way technology advances so fast. Whenever adults start talking about having monitors and the big computer towers and future generations not knowing what they were, I just have to roll my eyes. I grew up with those same monitors and big blocky towers. I may not remember too much, but enough. I even remember some of the games and how awful the graphics were. I could not go back to playing them even if I tried. I grew up on games like Oblivion and Star Stables. I loved running around as a Khajiit or some other race, collecting books and fighting bad guys in Oblivion or just running around on my horse and completing various quests in Star Stable. As I was growing, the change in graphics grew with me. I watched as the characters went from blocky and inanimate to almost life-like and very human.

Hello! I'm Isabel, I'm a 19 year old introvert. I have a cat and really enjoy free time. I also really enjoy writing. My pronouns are she/her.