This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

Ever since I graduated high school I have become more interested in makeup. I still don’t wear as much as some people do, but experimenting with new pieces of makeup is the highlight of my day. My sister then told me about IPSY

I’m sure most of you have either heard of it or subscribed to it yourself. The first level you can start with on IPSY is the general IPSY bag. This is a $10 amount bag in which you receive four to five samples or full-sized beauty products. You can also choose their next level bag which is the IPSY Glam Bag Plus! This bag is $25 a month and you will receive five full-sized products. I’ve personally tried both options and I prefer the $25 glam bag! They also just released a new bag which is the IPSY glam bag Ultimate which is 8 full-sized & 4 deluxe samples. This is $50 a month which is a little pricey for my college student budget.  So, my favorite option is the $25 subscription. You can also add, “add ons” which is $3 for a sample or $12 for a full-sized product, but the limit is three per IPSY bag. 

When you subscribe to, you take a quiz that generates your personal range of makeup preferences. They then send you products that are perfect just for you! Based on the bags I have received, the quiz ensures that you receive products that suit your needs.. I’ve found this especially important in regards to my hair type. Since my hair is curly and frizzy, receiving products for straight and sleek hair wouldn’t be beneficial for me.    My favorite products so far have been the liquid eyeliners because throughout high school and (my best friend can confirm this… CL) I wasn’t the best when it came to eyeliner, or mascara really. I also really like the different types of highlighters they send depending on the season. The products they give are well worth the money too. After receiving the monthly package for almost a year, I haven’t had to purchase any other products outside of the glam bag plus. As a “broke college student,” this has left more money in my wallet.. Most of the makeup pieces that I’ve received are high-end products, keeping me looking fine for less! If you’re looking to increase your makeup supply and knowledge this is the brand you should try…you won’t regret it!!

Shelby Cushing is a Junior at Wells College majoring in business and looking into marketing and hospitality. She has a passion for photography and graphic design. You can catch her with her Golden-Doodle Cooper or drinking coffee with her friends in order to survive college.
Wells Womxn