Who are You Wearing, Wendy?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wellesley chapter.

It’s no secret that there’s a wide variety of fashion on campus. From east coast prep, to grunge, to a steady diet of flannel and “birks,” Wellesley’s students have a diverse pallet. So Wendy, what are you wearing?  This week I went around campus and asked, abrasively confronted, some of my sibs about what was their OOTD (outfit of the day). Here’s was one of my favorites.

Meet Elinor Higgins, purple class of 2018!

Madeline: How would you describe your style?

Elinor: I think my style changes on a day-to-day basis; my outfit depends on how I’m feeling and/or how much time I have.

M: Do you have a go-to outfit or statement piece?

E: I gravitate towards oversized sweaters, scarves and the color red (peep her crimson Doc Martens).

M: Has your style changed since coming to Wellesley? If yes, how so?

E: Definitely! Because Wellesley is full of unique students that own their sense of style, it has rubbed off on me. I’m much more confident expressing myself through my appearance. For instance, I’m really into pencil skirts right now, which I hadn’t been previously.

M: Last question. Do you have anything or anyone you look to for style inspiration?

E: My roommate Jenna Sjogren class of ‘18 is a style icon, so getting ready next to her motivates me to look good and try new things. We like to share accessories and tips, etc. I also look up to my mom a.k.a I steal her clothes… (who doesn’t??)

Thank you, Elinor for your input! We’re calling this the “Post-Orgo Lecture” look: Frazzled on the Inside: Calm, Cool, Collected on the Outside.

Obviously there are more fashion icons roaming Wellesley’s campus, can you think of one in particular? Is it you? Feel free to nominate a friend or yourself to become featured in a later HerCampus article! It’s nice to have someone to glance at for inspiration when they have a well-practiced look-good-feel-good look!

Madeline is a junior at Wellelsey College majoring in History and minoring in Health and Society. When not burried in a pset, she enjoys listening to music, spending time with friends, and doing yoga. Namaste, lovlies! xoxo M 
Grace Li

Wellesley

President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Wellesley. Foodie, travel junkie and lover of mother earth. I'm the one wearing the birkenstocks.